• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A little story about Midwest and Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was asking you a question. Did you guys go on strike?

I'll answer your asinine, rhetorical question.

When could we go on strike? We haven't had a cooling down period. We requested a mediator as quickly as possible and followed all the steps in the process. It is now our IBT brethren who are delaying and hemming/hawing.

It's ok to use technicalities in your defense of the RAH rats. They knew exactly what they were doing. They are in dreamland if they think Bedford will give them any good payrates. Midwest pilots turned mgmt flat down on their proposals for almost a year and a half. How long will it take the IBT to cave?

I'll answer your asinine, rhetorical question.

When could we go on strike? We haven't had a cooling down period. We requested a mediator as quickly as possible and followed all the steps in the process. It is now our IBT brethren who are delaying and hemming/hawing.

It's ok to use technicalities in your defense of the RAH rats. They knew exactly what they were doing. They are in dreamland if they think Bedford will give them any good payrates. Midwest pilots turned mgmt flat down on their proposals for almost a year and a half. How long will it take the IBT to cave?

I was merely asking you a question. I'm not here defending them. You seem so bent out of shape for a simple question.

He is!!! but then that could be us too!!! any way, is a management mastermind!!

did I said that their favorite toilet papper is BA.

CitationLover.....
Midwest failed for many reasons. Why are you playing off those failures on everyone else. Airlines are businesses and do what businesses do, they are not very inclined to be autruistic. They look for good deals and they attempt to cut wages. You assumption that all routes out of MKE solely belong to YX is simply asinine. What has happened has happened. You believe you were valiant "holding the line" congrats. But what is the purpose of holding the line on a company that has no money and is destined to go under..Let me guess your one of those "lets shut this place down." We all applaud your decision to put yourself out of work and your company along with it. But with that being said you will probably blame your management for tanking your company and the pilots had nothing to do with it. Even with that being true you go after other pilots for what their management does and what their pilots fail to do in your opinion of what they shoud do....a little hypocritical?

The whole purpose of this post was not to embarass you or point out obvious truths but mosty as a call to move on and make a better life for yourself since obviously your not content about what is happening in MKE... Your diatribes are wearing thin. Most people on this board sympathized with you and what happened to YX (even the good folks at RP and F9 that you like to malign) But your rants are becoming repetitious and juvenile.

Good luck

En mort main

CitationLover.....
Midwest failed for many reasons. Why are you playing off those failures on everyone else. Airlines are businesses and do what businesses do, they are not very inclined to be autruistic. They look for good deals and they attempt to cut wages. You assumption that all routes out of MKE solely belong to YX is simply asinine. What has happened has happened. You believe you were valiant "holding the line" congrats. But what is the purpose of holding the line on a company that has no money and is destined to go under..Let me guess your one of those "lets shut this place down." We all applaud your decision to put yourself out of work and your company along with it. But with that being said you will probably blame your management for tanking your company and the pilots had nothing to do with it. Even with that being true you go after other pilots for what their management does and what their pilots fail to do in your opinion of what they shoud do....a little hypocritical?

The whole purpose of this post was not to embarass you or point out obvious truths but mosty as a call to move on and make a better life for yourself since obviously your not content about what is happening in MKE... Your diatribes are wearing thin. Most people on this board sympathized with you and what happened to YX (even the good folks at RP and F9 that you like to malign) But your rants are becoming repetitious and juvenile.

Good luck

En mort main

Let me guess, you are a RAH D-OUCHE?

Are you guys honestly trying to accuse FAPA pilots of "rolling over" and "stepping over corpses"....

RAH just purchased F9, or they will purchase us in a week, and they have announced that several airbus will operate at MKE.

At what point in time has FAPA had any input regarding this decision?

You obviously have a lot to be upset about, but we are not the enemy. Your company began the "death march" in 2000 when TH announced "Destination 2004" and then failed to execute at every level.

Picking the 717 because it lent itself to the 2x2 seating, instead of the bus or 737, was the first step towards self-destruction. I was at the shareholders meeting after the 717 announcement and an investor asked TH "what was the plan for replacing the MD80 since the 717 couldn't make it to the west coast?". TH didn't have an answer. The same investor asked if Midwest could survive by flying a multi-type fleet and Hoeksema provided the following gem "we are confident that boeing will produce a dash 200 or 300 that will eventually reach the west coast". Timmy constantly leveraged the entire company's future on promises or technology that didn't even exist (Skyway ordering 328's because they were cheap and they wanted to purchase 428's and 728's, how did that work out?)We all know what happened. Boeing counted on 2500 orders, yet only 152 717's were actually sold before they canceled production.

Your company, like mine, has been misled and mismanaged by some pretty pathetic C-level morons.

Last year, we actually attracted a sharp fellow named Menke and he, with some assistance, worked a miracle. Several miracles outside of our control also contributed to our survival.

YX never attracted someone smart enough to stop the inevitable, and Hoeksema drove the place into the ground.

Your jobs are not dying on Nov. 3 and f9 is not pulling the plug. Hoeksema killed YX almost a decade ago.

Maybe if the mouse attemped to think of a plan that could neutralize the mousetrap instead of spending his time and energy whining to everybody else in hopes they'd drop everything they're doing and cater to his needs, the situation could have been avoided. But no, his first thought was "I have a problem that could cause me some trouble. Something needs to be done but I don't want to get my hands dirty doing it. I'll get someone else to do that."

So as a result, his inaction got everybody else killed and, ironically, saved his own life.

Are you guys honestly trying to accuse FAPA pilots of "rolling over" and "stepping over corpses"....

RAH just purchased F9, or they will purchase us in a week, and they have announced that several airbus will operate at MKE.

At what point in time has FAPA had any input regarding this decision?

You obviously have a lot to be upset about, but we are not the enemy. Your company began the "death march" in 2000 when TH announced "Destination 2004" and then failed to execute at every level.

Picking the 717 because it lent itself to the 2x2 seating, instead of the bus or 737, was the first step towards self-destruction. I was at the shareholders meeting after the 717 announcement and an investor asked TH "what was the plan for replacing the MD80 since the 717 couldn't make it to the west coast?". TH didn't have an answer. The same investor asked if Midwest could survive by flying a multi-type fleet and Hoeksema provided the following gem "we are confident that boeing will produce a dash 200 or 300 that will eventually reach the west coast". Timmy constantly leveraged the entire company's future on promises or technology that didn't even exist (Skyway ordering 328's because they were cheap and they wanted to purchase 428's and 728's, how did that work out?)We all know what happened. Boeing counted on 2500 orders, yet only 152 717's were actually sold before they canceled production.

Your company, like mine, has been misled and mismanaged by some pretty pathetic C-level morons.

Last year, we actually attracted a sharp fellow named Menke and he, with some assistance, worked a miracle. Several miracles outside of our control also contributed to our survival.

YX never attracted someone smart enough to stop the inevitable, and Hoeksema drove the place into the ground.

Your jobs are not dying on Nov. 3 and f9 is not pulling the plug. Hoeksema killed YX almost a decade ago.

So says the man flying for the company exiting bankruptcy......irony!

Could somebody please do something about how fat I am? It's too late to look for help after things have spiraled out of control.

Citationlover,

I get it. you guys got royally screwed. You are pissed at the world. But listen to yourself. You say that it would have been illegal for you to do anything but fly like normal until the day all of you were laid off. But you are saying it would be legal for the Frontier guys to take some sort of job action for you? The laws are never on the side of labor. It is a cruel reality.

Latest resources

Back