A few Avantair Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avantair Questions

Sorry - I am having some technical problems posting on this website...

I realize that Avantair won't likely hire again until 2010 but I have some questions for people in the know:

1. According to airlinepilotcentral.com, Avantair still has two Phenom 100 positions - is that still the case? Would Avantair still take delivery of these airplanes or will it sell the positions? I thought all of the Phenom positions were sold to Executive Airshares?

2. With regard to pilot domiciles, were they restricted to a few cities in 2008/2009 and will they continue to be restricted to certain cities when hiring restarts? Just wondering if the long list on airlinepilotcentral.com is still current...

3. What's the deal with the G100? Does it fly much? Is it a senior aircraft at Avantair?

4. Whats the current proportion of Avanti I vs. Avanti II (with Pro Line 21) aircraft in the Avantair fleet? Is it true that all pilots are cross-trained in both? Do pilots generally like the Pro Line 21 system up front?

Thanks for any info. PMs are welcome too.

I realize that Avantair won't likely hire again until 2010 but I have some questions for people in the know:

1. According to airlinepilotcentral.com, Avantair still has two Phenom 100 positions - is that still the case? Would Avantair still take delivery of these airplanes or will it sell the positions? I thought all of the Phenom positions were sold to Executive Airshares?

2. With regard to pilot domiciles, were they restricted to a few cities in 2008/2009 and will they continue to be restricted to certain cities when hiring restarts? Just wondering if the long list on airlinepilotcentral.com is still current...

3. What's the deal with the G100? Does it fly much? Is it a senior aircraft at Avantair?

4. Whats the current proportion of Avanti I vs. Avanti II (with Pro Line 21) aircraft in the Avantair fleet? Is it true that all pilots are cross-trained in both? Do pilots generally like the Pro Line 21 system up front?

Where did you hear they won't be hiring until 2010?

TC..One of my good friends at Avantair said no classes prob till this fall...

1) Don't know what the Phenom deal is, thought we had sold all our positions.

2) Hiring into domiciles will vary from area to area. Most likely to get an interview (when interviews start up again), if you're in the central part of the country. Northeast and Florida are pretty densely staffed right now.

3) Astra doesn't fly a lot, in fact, I think all the Astra crew are back on the Piaggio predominately.

4) AVanti 1 vs 2 is pretty even now. Cross training is starting to catch up, but not everyone is dual qualified. It actually requires a differences class, and logistically, it hasn't been accomplished for all. Personally, I prefer flying the 2's more, and that's probably a pretty common preference.

As for hiring, maybe a class this summer, from a "pool" of 5 guys who already have job offers. Interviews, probably by fall. As to the question of other program owners coming over, I've seen a lot of luggage tags with other program names on them lately. Lots of interest in our card program.
And, everyone likes to cut costs. For the 1000m mission, it's hard to argue with our product! Beechjet or Ultra might beat us by minutes, but I don't think they're doing it at 600 lbs/hr fuel burn. (And, in a stand up cabin to boot!)

Avantair might hire before 2010!

1. Executive airshare bought all but 2 positions and have the right to pick up the last two if they want too. If they choose not to pick up the last 2 who knows what will happen to then.

2. It really depends on what Avantairs needs are. They may or may not limit them....

3. As for the G100 I know all of the pilots also fly the Piaggio. At this time it is not really an airplane that people bid into and I believe they all live in the Tampa/St. Pete area.

4. The current mix of Piaggio I's and II's are just about 50/50. Last I heard they were not training new hires in both airplanes but that might change. The pro line is a great package. At some point each pilot is cross trained.

If you have any other questions shoot me a PM.

Latest resources

Back