• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A challenge to the Flexjet Pilots on the fence or against a union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably everyone on this board has visited the VUH by now. It’s a Teamster’s funded and built site. In it, everyone calls each other Sir and Captain and Mister….it’s a swell place for the MASTER MANIPULATORS of the IBT to give all the visitors there feelings of respect, importance, and togetherness. They are very good at this. Sooner or later, however, the smarter ones figure out how manipulated they have been and make changes. The slower ones need more time or, never get it. And you better NOT disagree with them on anything they proclaim or you’ll have to “prove your position” which MEANS you’ll be shouted down or worse….meanwhile they call management and NO VOTERS names I wouldn’t call a dog. One FPOC fellow regularly posts letters on Yammer written by various member of the IBT that he treats as if they hold the value of the Ten Commandments, when actually most are OPINIONS from various IBT folks that change as often as the wind…in fact, it usually depends on the direction of the winds. That’s really gonna make for good negotiations should this uncivil POS be voted in.

Respect for me is paying market wages or better + normal benefits our profession needs, giving me the tools to do my job, a few protections and procedures that are contained in the FOM’s, Letter of Employment, etc. and stepping out of the way. I don’t pay a cent for these, especially to a corrupt organization. I really don’t care if you don’t like these opinions, but I have the right and obligation to post them here to give some voice to the IDEA that the IBT is NOT a good organization to join.

The time is growing short to vote. I urge all the fence-sitters and those not sure which way to go to give this management team a chance to prove themselves. Again, they ARE NOT the enemy. The IBT is a corrupt protection racket with severe self-control problems. Even some NJ people are sticking their nose into our fight…they want the IBT voted in because it will weaken us substantially and give them a good selling point ie..the competition is represented by the Mule Drivers. The IBT doesn't want management to have a chance to prove themselves because 1) they want your money as soon as possible and 2) they know their LIES will be exposed. HELP YOURSELF….VOTE NO.
WL

Here’s a scenario that will be playing out in the future. Enjoy!

Prospective DAC Customer: "I love your new planes and all the different options available to me(a typical conservative businessman or wealthy individual) you have to offer. My only concern I have and which my friends with NJ tell me is that your pilots have voted in the IBT to represent them. Jimmy Hoffa Jr. is the head of that operation, correct?

Struggling DAC Salesman: “Well, that’s true, but the Local 1108 is a swell organization that (gulp) is here to help us”.

Customer: 'I’ve heard about some of the labor issues over at FO and their general lack of customer care…do you think that attitude will start pervading the Flex pilots as well?”

Salesman: Oh, of course not. In fact we (gulp) expect the Flex attitude to start influencing the FO pilots and improve some of their work ethic.”…picks up a glass of water to sooth his parched throat).
Some of the worst we just pay to stay at home, but the rest are “starting to come around” (a burp followed by another “gulp”).

Customer: "OK, I think I’m beginning to see. You don’t have the NJ number handy, do you?”

Salesman: "Not right offhand. Even though NJ has their own union now, they were represented for many years by the IBT, so it couldn’t be that bad, right?

Customer: “Yea, I’ve researched that. They say they outgrew them….the truth is they got tired of being ripped off and treated like step-children.”

Salesman: “Oh, your just being silly. Call that dufus, uh, Gasoline,no starter fluid, no, Diesel…that’s it. Kind of a loquacious NJ loud-mouth who posts incessantly but has nothing to say. He can tell you how wonderful the IBT is."
WL

WL if there are lies to be exposed please tell us we are all ears. So far the only lies that have been told and proven are those by Managment, so if you have some proof of lies being told please by all means let the cat out of the bag. Enlighten us oh might WL.

So WL if the Union Vote passes on the 15th, will you resign?

Guys like him will never quit.

How many NJI guys quit after the integration?

I used to hear in the cockpit all day how "I'm going to quit when the union comes in and starts taking from me."

Funny I'm still flying with those guys.

This management has already shown their true colors. Out one side of his mouth Handschuch said it would be "unfair for one transfer to upgrade before all of you [Flexjet pilots]." Out of the other side of his mouth: "this is an opportunity for Flight Options pilots to further their career". There has been so many chances given, and they have taken every time.

WL "Respect for me is paying market wages or better + normal benefits our profession needs, giving me the tools to do my job, a few protections and procedures that are contained in the FOM?s, Letter of Employment, etc. and stepping out of the way. I don?t pay a cent for these, especially to a corrupt organization. I really don?t care if you don?t like these opinions, but I have the right and obligation to post them here to give some voice to the IDEA that the IBT is NOT a good organization to join."

WL, We had to get the IBT to help us. You were not there, but this company really did treat its pilots poorly in the past. The company got the UNION it deserves. Do I want to go back to being an at-will employee? NO WAY! Thats why I voted YES for Local1108.

That's fine GC, and I'll respect that. However, from what I've seen, heard, and read, the IBT is overwhelmingly bad news and I will be voting NO. But if you believe the IBT helped you ( you got the worst contract in the industry) then vote yes. And, please, spare me all the excuses why it was so bad.
Regards,
WL

Because it was way better than what FO WAS giving us!!!!! And because KR and all of FO management opened the books and showed them to the IBT lawyers and said that was all of he money available.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back