A Call To Family Airlines - Scam Warning Warning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas.

Back in the day, Trade a Plane was littered with these kinds of ads.

TAP finally did the right thing and banned these sorts of ads. Of course, there were way more "pilot's wanted/jobs wanted" in TAP back in the pre-internet days.

Nu

I stopped by their office yesterday. They have a small office in a multi-office complex. On the outside of the building was a 6' vinyl banner with the names of 3 companies:

One was for Family Airlines: 747s coast to coast.

One was for Mini Care (they have an ad banner on the Family Airlines website). Interestingly, Barry Michaels is listed as the CEO of Family Airlines and the President of Minicare, and Stephen Leseten is listed as the Corporate Controller for both Family Airlines and MiniCare on their websites.

And I don't remember the name of the third company. I will have to go back next week and take some pictures and talk to somebody in the office.

For any pilots out there that paid for the application fee, if you paid via Paypal, you can demand a refund. If they refuse to give a refund, you can complain to Paypal that they are operating a scam and they can freeze the funds in Family Airline's account, possibly get your money back, and cause all types of troubles for them.

Last edited:
For any pilots out there that paid for the application fee, if you paid via Paypal, you can demand a refund. If they refuse to give a refund, you can complain to Paypal that they are operating a scam and they can freeze the funds in Family Airline's account, possibly get your money back, and cause all types of troubles for them.

Lets do it via FI...get 50 yahoos to donate a dollar, send it in and demand the money back ;)

But, what if they turn out legit? You guys will miss out on what will probably be your only chance to fly a 747. Sounds to me like a potentially good return on $50.

But, what if they turn out legit? You guys will miss out on what will probably be your only chance to fly a 747. Sounds to me like a potentially good return on $50.

YGTBSM!

Brown , do you really think there is the slightest chance of things being legit here? Honestly, please don't tell us all you think so after everything that has been posted here. You are amazing me dude!!!!
If the place turns out to be legit and you get on the line flying a 747 I'll personally give you a $50 bill as a refund on your application fee....... (which is a pretty big deal for me right now being furloughed)
Don't answer those emails saying you might be able to help with the transfer of funds of deceased millionaires either they too are not legit....
just in case you ever wondered.

Latest resources

Back