• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E,XJ,9L TA Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those rates stink for DOS! What is really so great about them. They are below current ASA/XJT rates - unless I'm reading these wrong.

I would rather have good work rules and job protections and average rates than great rates and crappy work rules. I also would like to think this gives the company, Pinnacle Holdings to be successful in its game. Then when I just might want some job security we do not end up with no contracts in the future. That being said I really do not want the Comair example to be me if I cannot leave the regionals in the next five years.

Here's what I have learned about the whole work rules vs. pay rate argument. Pay rates are black and white, no interpretation. Work rules, while the company and union may agree on them today, there is no guarantee the company will not change it's interpretation tomorrow. This is what we got at XJT, we voted for a pay cut to "help" the company, no work rule changes, then two years later, new management and a new interpretation of the work rules resulting in a loss of QOL. We gave up the pay, got nothing in return, and then lost QOL that we thought was safe in our work rules. Get those rates, make them high, then put as many examples in your contract to illustrate your work rules as possible.

Also, do not ever make a decision because you think it will help the company out. It is not your job to make your company competitive. That job belongs to management, and pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, and agents are not management. The finance people will never agree to anything that will not allow the company to make money and remain competitive, so we need to push hard and get the most that we can without regard to what we think the company can or cannot afford because we don't have those figures, and neither do our negotiators.

Last edited:
Those rates stink for DOS! What is really so great about them. They are below current ASA/XJT rates - unless I'm reading these wrong.

Here is ASA rates according to APC...

ASA.png

Here is ExpressJet rates...

ExpressJet.png

Here is Pinnacle's TA rates for the CRJ200...

PayRates.png

The 200 hundred rates at Pinnacle at DOS are better than ASA 200 rates, unless APC is not up to date.

Last edited:
If you leave DHD pay at 100%, you would get a net gain of more time off, and get to skip a ton of open time pickups...

5 hrs of opentime pick is a ton of pickups? I see your point with the time off but still Id rather have the 150% opentime pickup. Moot point though as ASA/XJT should be able to get both in the next contract.

Here is ASA rates according to APC...

ASA.png

Here is ExpressJet rates...

ExpressJet.png

Here is Pinnacle's TA rates for the CRJ200...

PayRates.png

The 200 hundred rates at Pinnacle at DOS are better than ASA 200 rates, unless APC is not up to date.

Difference is YOUR rates are 5 YEARS FROM NOW

Thanks for the table. Those are definitely not the same numbers as the OP put up.

Nothing raises the bull$h!t flag faster than someone from a company saying "well, money isn't everything!". This especially applies to someone like me who doesn't take "advantage" of the company health care offering and gets nothing in return.

As someone earlier said, pay is black and white. If you read the TA summary there are a number of words like "timely" and "subject to" and "best effort". That is not black and white. Oh, and I see the dual-qual has quietly been slipped in there too.

The pay is disappointing when compared to other carriers, no bar has been raised here. I'm not bashing the TA, but I see absolutely no cause for drum-beating or back-patting either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back