• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e/xj/9l picketing 12/10 mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Staple you motha p hu k aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........blap blap

You represent your fellow Pinnacle Pilots well. You must be a very responsible, safe, and professional airline pilot. Is this what the 9E HR Department is looking for in applicants?

Wouldn't it be funny if Corp changed their minds and transferred all the jets to the XJ certificate? Nothing stops them from doing it. Then how do your comments look?

Thank goodness ALPA has a merger policy. You might want to read it.

And do me a personal favor...........don't breed!

Dont give them any ideas. Next thing we will hear is that they voted out ALPA and since they are no longer ALPA they will not have to adhere to the policy.

Scott, without a doubt. WG was recalled with good reason. You can't disregard MEC direction as an MEC Officer. You work for the MEC, and you do what they say. WG directly disobeyed the direction provided by the MEC.

In reality, WG is the entire reason that there was the dysfunction on the MEC that lead to a failed TA. He refused to even let the MEC know what our proposals were at the bargaining table. I was on the MEC for three years, and I never once found out what our bargaining positions were. Never once did I see what pay rates we had proposed. The first time I saw anything from the Scheduling section was after it was TA'd. He intentionally kept us in the dark, because he knew that the direction he was taking was not sufficient for the MEC. The end result was that the MEC was not happy with what had been done at the table, and you then had an MEC that wouldn't support the TA that had been reached. Had they been kept in the loop the entire time, from the beginning of negotiations, this wouldn't have been a problem, because they could have steered things back on track. Some of us tried to get rid of WG earlier, but we could never get the votes together. Too many MEC members just trusted him, even though he constantly kept them in the dark. In the end, those guys realized that we were right, and he had to go. Too bad it didn't happen sooner.

On further thought, I want to retract my above comments. In posting the above, I went against exactly what I had said earlier in this thread: "debate the issues, not the people." I should have followed my own advice.

It's been several years since I was on the PCL MEC, and my recollections and perceptions are probably clouded by time. To place blame at the feet of one guy, even if he was the MEC Chairman, just isn't fair. WG made mistakes, of course, but so did the rest of us. He can't be blamed anymore than SE or anyone else. My comments were unfair, and I apologize to WG if he's reading this.

I'm not saying WG was perfect, but upon reflection he was better at getting things done...in my opinion.

The biggest issues with SE are big ones. Like..

1- Giving the first negotiating team zero additional input from polling.
2- The whole W2 debacle is squarely his issue.
3- Providing zero unity within his own ranks. Talk about a split group.
4- Communication that has been deplorible, causing number 3.

I think he is a smart guy that might be able to turn it around, but he has really dug himself in a whole with his pilot group. There's a growing group that don't believe in him, and by default, don't trust ALPA anymore. This is all his own doing.

Latest resources

Back