• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e/xj/9l picketing 12/10 mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the Mesaba and Colgan MEC's had to do was say nothing or maintain a neutral position. But instead they took up an aggressive stance against the 9E MEC. For that, they and their supporters will one day pay. Simple! Enjoy your Christmas with no contract and now... no brotherhood. :)

I think they tried that approach. We were all hearing about a picketing event, but nothing from our union regarding. Lots of people were asking, hey WTF what's going on? Yhey finally had to say something. I ask you how it would have looked if they didn't say anything. Isn't that kind of making a statement also? And the no brotherhood thing, that started when YOUR MEC decided to break away from the pack. I gaurantee you that Pinnacle management wasn't the only thing keeping you from a contract the last 6 years

Who says this is the "right" thing to do? You? I think you're wrong and I disagree personally with the Pinnacle Pilot MEC decision to go against the grain at this point in the negotiations. With that being said, if a Mesaba or Colgan pilot wants to walk in circles with you....it's on them. Just so you know, walking in circles tends to be counter-productive.....especially in this situation.

I agree. You want me to go to support your picketing when there is progress being made? That does not make sense. I have not read this entire post but have seen enough copies of it posted on other forums to know that you should not be mad at Mesaba's MEC or its pilot group for not supporting your picketing at a moment which does none of us any good. You might not know this but we at Mesaba wanted to see you guys at 9E get a great contract. We did not want this, we all know how you have been treated and in no way want to be placed in that situation. We have been treated badly ourselves but from what I hear your management has brought that aspect to management to a new level.

Lets get a number of things straight.

We have a good contract forced on us through bankruptcy so that should saw something about our union-they are smart in the way they conduct negotiations and have the backing of the mesaba pilots.

you might as well throw out the thought of any sort of staple, ratio or job offer if the jets we fly get transfered. We are all ALPA and that is how a proper SLI will be conducted.

trying to sabotage current contract negotiations will not do you any good. The contract they are making headway on right now is from what i can tell will be better than anything you can get by "going at it alone".

Pinnacle holdings owns three companys. Pinnacle Airlines, Colgan and Mesaba. Pinnacle Airlines does not own two airlines and its pilots cannot gain a windfall from any intergration.

Oh and think on this. How will we all know it was a successful intergration? When we all got screwed. So on that note, all we have to hope for is a good contract.

Express Jet is hiring..... skywest is hiring.......Air Wisconsin is hiring.......

I gaurantee you that Pinnacle management wasn't the only thing keeping you from a contract the last 6 years
I think the majority of clear thinking individuals already agree with that assessment. There are MAJOR problems with the 9E MEC that are surfacing before all our eyes. They couldn't negotiate their way out of a paper bag.

Who says this is the "right" thing to do? You? I think you're wrong and I disagree personally with the Pinnacle Pilot MEC decision to go against the grain at this point in the negotiations. With that being said, if a Mesaba or Colgan pilot wants to walk in circles with you....it's on them. Just so you know, walking in circles tends to be counter-productive.....especially in this situation.

You know, regardless of my thoughts on YOUR personal matters, I walked with you several years ago. It's about unity.

It's one thing not to take a stand and say nothing about picketing attendance. It's completely a different monster to actively take a stand for a MEC and declare a no-support. Your MEC has only looked at its own interest, without the interest of the other two. If there was unity, at the very least, your MEC would take a "neutral" stance on our picketing. But no matter. From now on, I'm sure our MEC will put only our own interests first. Can't count how many Mesaba guys I've heard touting a 1-for-1 integration with Pinnacle. Good luck! With you guys turning your backs on us in this critical time, do not expect me to support you anymore like I did a few years ago.

Express Jet is hiring..... skywest is hiring.......Air Wisconsin is hiring.......

And I would give up my sucky position at 9E to start all over at the bottom of another sucky position with no upgrade in sight? I'd rather hang on at Pinnacle, an upgrade isn't too far away. The latest vacancy is kinda close.

Amen. XJ guys made a mistake in doing this. Think about it. They only statement you have made is that you are anti 9E. Mgt does not care that you are their patsy's.

You know, regardless of my thoughts on YOUR personal matters, I walked with you several years ago. It's about unity.

It's one thing not to take a stand and say nothing about picketing attendance. It's completely a different monster to actively take a stand for a MEC and declare a no-support. Your MEC has only looked at its own interest, without the interest of the other two. If there was unity, at the very least, your MEC would take a "neutral" stance on our picketing. But no matter. From now on, I'm sure our MEC will put only our own interests first. Can't count how many Mesaba guys I've heard touting a 1-for-1 integration with Pinnacle. Good luck! With you guys turning your backs on us in this critical time, do not expect me to support you anymore like I did a few years ago.
The truth is Pinnacle does not support us, Colgan or the interests of the negotiations. We are in this together....I don't see the benefit in the 9E MEC wanting to open this can of worms during this time. It's not about you anymore, it's about us. If the wisdom of our MEC leadership decides that picketing would be counter-productive at this juncture, then we have to support the decision especially when all the facts are not on the table.
The statement made by the Mesaba MEC leadership was in a nutshell: stop being hotheads and reacting with shear emotion.

Latest resources

Back