• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E LOA's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How the hell would I ever know what your airline code is? ******************** the demise of the industry started with the RJ...do want to get in to this argument?
While the demise of the industry began when they figured out a way to make commuters/puddle jumpers go really fast, it was those at mainline carriers who let it get way out of hand. It's a great and heated debate. Some would even go as far as to say the begining of the discount carriers was the demise of the industry. That forced "legacy" carriers to scope out flying to compete with the growing SWA's in the 1980's. So you see, we can go round and round and round all day long, blaming everyone and their brother for the problem's of the industry. But the fact is, you can't just blame one thing. There are a host of reasons while the industry has changed. There are also some good things that have come along the way as well. I'll save those for another day. Until then, shiny jet syndrome by selfish college kids who don't pay for tuition, rent, etc will continue to be the problem for our future generation. And for that matter the demise of a once, great career called an "Airline Pilot." Thanks alot ERU, Jet U, UND and Gulfstream. Your Sins will be remembered by your children's children. May you walk the terminal in shame and humiliation for ALL your days.

Peace Out.

The beaner counters are trying everything possible to get the money to pay off the 120+ million note due in FEB 2010. Good thing they invested in ARS's. GREAT THINKING.

How about Uncle Phil and company take a pay cut?

We won't furlough, if we ever get a new contract we will have to hire.

Things are going to get BAD this summer. Just wait...

I wonder if the companies new legal counsel is saving them money? CONTRACT NOW!

The beaner counters are trying everything possible to get the money to pay off the 120+ million note due in FEB 2010. Good thing they invested in ARS's. GREAT THINKING.

How about Uncle Phil and company take a pay cut?

C'mon Uncle Phil and Company are not taking 401K match, isn't that enough? :p They also did not get their yearly allotment of stock options (probably because the stock was in the gutter). I am sure Uncle Phil and company can express how times are hard on them too!

Hire with new contract? Sorry, I don't see that. Short of a concessionary contract that is the only way I can see hiring in the future.

Marketing usually knows 3-6 month in advance of staffing needs and the directors get a printout of anticipated staffing for 12 months forward. This is using DW staffing model also, I am guessing the numbers they see are enough to give a FO LOA, and there could be a valid concern for the F word by the end of the year.

The new legal counsel is the one to be worried about. They have an agenda that I don't think we have seen yet. You don't need to hire another high priced lawyer, you want to..

C'mon Uncle Phil and Company are not taking 401K match, isn't that enough? :p They also did not get their yearly allotment of stock options (probably because the stock was in the gutter). I am sure Uncle Phil and company can express how times are hard on them too!

Hire with new contract? Sorry, I don't see that. Short of a concessionary contract that is the only way I can see hiring in the future.

Marketing usually knows 3-6 month in advance of staffing needs and the directors get a printout of anticipated staffing for 12 months forward. This is using DW staffing model also, I am guessing the numbers they see are enough to give a FO LOA, and there could be a valid concern for the F word by the end of the year.

The new legal counsel is the one to be worried about. They have an agenda that I don't think we have seen yet. You don't need to hire another high priced lawyer, you want to..
I see no new pay raises in a new 9E contract. Maybe some better work rules which might add up to a little extra $. But with so many regionals compteting for a plate at the Delta Dinner Table, I don't see 9E getting a new contract with pay increases. They know it and so does Dr Phil. Richard A. patience is running out. You can't keep moving forward with so much uncertainty in a contract nightmare as with 9E. This has gone on too long and can't continue much longer. If 9E wants future flying it will have to come up with something this year. Sadly I think a new contract will be sub par. At least Pinnacle Pilots can strike. They don't have their hands tied by greedy judges. Maybe they will set the bar for future contracts. Maybe not.

Last edited:
What I don't get it.. Why people bitch others out because their families can afford expensive school, pay for housing and other things so one can focus on education.
This is just jealousy!!!!
I am happy that I was able to experience college life and didn't have to work while in school.
I am happy, my family is happy and thats all that matters.
Maybe someday you will be able to do the same for your kids.

Maybe someday you will be able to do the same for your kids.

There is nothing wrong with helping your children along with college. I have 3 kids and I contribute each and every month to their college accounts. To pay the entire bill for a kid's education teaches them nothing and will do more harm than good. They must learn the value of the dollar and that nothing is free in life. This is the problem with the next generation. They don't have to work for anything. They are spoiled and think they are entitled to everything. Guess what. Education isn't free and life isn't as well. Let kids have some pride in the value of an education. Having them pay for some of it teaches them responsibility and pride. Believe it or not, this is what responsible parents teach their kids.

It may be jealousy for some but many are just tired of hearing the crap that some of these guys come up with.

I had an FO recently that spent almost 200K at ERAU! His folks paid most the price and I don’t have a problem with that. The problem is that he got into a jet with 400 hours and he will be getting tired of it soon just like many of the other shake and bakers that didn’t have to work for it themselves.

He didn’t have wait and hope and pray for the opportunity to demonstrate his abilities while the years went past. Nor did he ever go for broke trying to make it happen.

The old school way just took more determination and built a lot of character along the way. I miss that but it certainly isn’t necessary.

BTW. He did a mighty fine job flying the plane. I’m sure it’s just like the sim at ERAU but without some of the real world stuff to deal with.

[FONT=&quot]My medical is due so I’d better quit drinking beer and get off this computer now![/FONT]

Hire for freakin what????? YGBSM!

What flying do you think is out there for Delta to give 9E? Delta is still on the warpath to reduce 50 seat flying, which is the bulk of 9E's flying - with no growth in sight for larger airframes. Who knows what will happen to the capacity in MEM.....and you think 9E will hire in the summer. Pipe dream, dude.

I get the feeling most people commenting don't even work at Pinnacle..

Anyway, it is true there will be a staffing shortage when the new contract comes AND if hours stay constant. The current reliance on junior manning and totally abusing reserves will come to an end or be priced out as an option. Some trips might also need to be unwound slightly to allow for more rest, resulting in more hours in open time compared to now.

Latest resources

Back