• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E hotels getting more super!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably got the wrong guy, then Gen bid over to the A330 so he could have BKK layovers to be closer to his ladyboys..

Nah, still senior here in ATL on the 767. Flyguy1015 can have Hibbing or wherever, especially since he busted the interview in the Desert. And that wasn't my wife, but his own sister and Mom tag teaming in the dark. He loved it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Mesaba and Colgan guys.... who think our hotels are just fine... Please take a look at the 9E bid packs and see what hotels you have in store. If you think 9E will keep your good ones, ask a union rep! Take a look at BWI/BDL/DTW/YUL/BUF to get an idea of what you have to look forward to.

Unfortunately there is not much of a choice of hotels on the Iron Range. This town only has two hotels. The next choice is to drive 20 miles and then the nicest option you have is only a Holiday Inn Express.

I guess I don't understand what kind of language you could put in a contract. A minimum "star" level?

It's actually pretty simple. At AirTran, we negotiated language that required every hotel to be at least a Hotel & Travel Index (HTI) Level 5. HTI is a third party travel rating agency, so the company can't influence their ratings, and HTI 5 eliminated all of the crappy places like the Super 8, the Days Inn, the Comfort Inn, etc. When you combine it with a requirement to have at least two food options within 1/4 mile, it pretty much knocks out any hotel that doesn't have a nice on-site restaurant, which means you're usually in a Hilton, Marriott, Renaissance, etc. We still get stuck with a few places that aren't great, but they aren't horrible like we used to have.

It's actually pretty simple. At AirTran, we negotiated language that required every hotel to be at least a Hotel & Travel Index (HTI) Level 5. HTI is a third party travel rating agency, so the company can't influence their ratings, and HTI 5 eliminated all of the crappy places like the Super 8, the Days Inn, the Comfort Inn, etc. When you combine it with a requirement to have at least two food options within 1/4 mile, it pretty much knocks out any hotel that doesn't have a nice on-site restaurant, which means you're usually in a Hilton, Marriott, Renaissance, etc. We still get stuck with a few places that aren't great, but they aren't horrible like we used to have.

Gotcha. So what happens when there are no hotels in the city that meet those requirements? I suppose there could be a clause that addresses that.

Gotcha. So what happens when there are no hotels in the city that meet those requirements? I suppose there could be a clause that addresses that.

Or you don't overnight crews there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back