• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E, 9L, XJ JCBA Deadline Extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's why there's a maximum out of pocket. 9Es medical has cheaper premiums, and I agree it is better than XJs, but your max out of pocket for a family is $3400. At XJ the max out of pocket is $2850 for a family. So in this one (and only one) area, XJs current plan is slightly better.

Maybe so, annual deductibles of $150/$350 and most costs at 10% makes hitting the $1700/$3400 mark a really bad year. $10 Copays and $5/$10 prescription costs are what most trips to the doc cost.

I agree. 9Es is much, much better. And overall, without a major problem you will spend less. How much depends on how much you use the benefit. I don't know how to budget that in, so as I look a med package I look at premiums, deductibles, and max out of pocket. I don't know all the details of how they will break down the 25% cost that was discussed. But since XJ currently is at 33%, it could only be better than what we have now. (Based on family)
80/20
$360/month
$20 copay
$10 generic
$1000 deductible
$2850 max out of pocket

Change what you like to lose the 8%, then try to put a dollar value on it to calculate negotiation capital. Then balance that with contract gains. Is it worth it? Maybe not for 9E, but for 9L/XJ it is a contractual savings.

To bad that spit for brains never took a basic economics class at Redneck U, otherwise he would now better. Keep drinking the Kool Aid the government will provide you all the food stamps you need.

If my take home pay is reduced because of any changes in insurance benefits cancelling out a pay-raise...NO WAY will I vote for it. A lot of people at 9L are waiting for Mesaba's contract to be our "salvation" should negotiations fail. If management had any real motivation to get this deal done fairly, it would have been a done deal already. I am also not buying the BS about needing a ratified TA to "move forward" as an airline. We are ALREADY the cheapest game in town for crying out loud!

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

P.S. rumor has it that Q400 lines are painted at A1/A2 in IAD...

There is NO WAY a 9E or 9L pilot would lose take home pay, whether this increase in insurance survives or not. There are TOO many gains in the wrapped up sections of the proposed contract to negate any loss. And they still have to deal with big sections like pay. From what a negotiator told me, if this wraps quickly and somewhat near ALPAs proposal 9L won the lottery, 9E is looking a significant gains, even over the TA and XJ gets some fixes to holes in our contract.

The only one good thing about our current CBA, which will still be the case after Dec 2 at 5pm because we won't get a JCBA, is the insurance. Next year, costs will skyrocket, but Pinnacle can only increase our monthly family cost from $150/month to $155/month in May 2011. Everything else, the $10 copays, the $5 prescrip, the deductibles for us, all remain the same. Let those management a-holes deal with the insurance cost increase!

This contract was signed in 1999. Since that day, september 11th, the columbia space shuttle tragedy, captain sulley, The war on terror, 3 winter olympics, 2 summer olympics, the tsunami, hurricane katrina, the recession, 3 presidents, the major league baseball steriods scandal, the swine flu, 3 world cups, anthrax scare, and countless other things have happened and this managements pilot group still has pilots flying on 1999 wages. Keep picking up that open time you senior low lifes!

To bad that spit for brains never took a basic economics class at Redneck U, otherwise he would now better. Keep drinking the Kool Aid the government will provide you all the food stamps you need.

Apparently, basic grammar wasn't taught either....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back