• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E, 9L, XJ JCBA Deadline Extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget about the big tax increase (less take home pay) coming Jan1, thanks to ALPO's man in the white house.
Bottom tax rate from 10% to 15% a 50% increase on most FO's. Thanks ALPO.
Shut up, dipsh*t.

Don't forget about the big tax increase (less take home pay) coming Jan1, thanks to ALPO's man in the white house.

Wow... that does suck.

Is your mom going to have to get a second job to be able to afford treatments at the STD clinic? How will she afford her anti-biotics? At least she can probably get a free razor at the homeless shelter.

I would hope you vote based on what the pilots you represent want, and not what you personally want. I would not want my reps to vote for a contract that has a NET pay cut either, but I will also look at the contract as a whole before I judge one section as a NET pay cut.

The block or better per leg will add about 3-4 hours credit per month.
The min day will add about 3-4 hours credit per month.
The leg guarantee will protect any loss in credit from a cancellation (never had it, so I won't guess at hrs saved).
The 75% DH pay will add credit to our current pay.
Etc., Etc., Etc.

Overall a $75-$100 increase in medical sounds as a pay cut, but when you look at all the other advances (a lot better than the TA), it's not a pay cut at all. And for the 9L and XJ guys, it's actually a savings.

Not to mention that those rules will affect all pilots in the company (maybe not high speeders which are going away anyways), as opposed to the medical insurance which only affects those that opt in.

So you want higher medical coverage payment because that is tax deductable right?

Actually toolbox, the President has said hundreds of times that he wants permanent tax cuts for 98% (thats you and me) to be extended permanently. If they don't get extended, it will be because Republicans are demanding tax cuts for the wealthy or they will filibuster it. So, your tax cuts are being held hostage for the rich.

But hey, if you want to give 700 billion dollars to rich people when we have a national debt crisis, I am glad you are not in congress.

Actually toolbox, the President has said hundreds of times that he wants permanent tax cuts for 98% (thats you and me) to be extended permanently. If they don't get extended, it will be because Republicans are demanding tax cuts for the wealthy or they will filibuster it. So, your tax cuts are being held hostage for the rich.

But hey, if you want to give 700 billion dollars to rich people when we have a national debt crisis, I am glad you are not in congress.

How about the government (like the rest of us have to when income drops) cut SPENDING. The crap the government wastes money on is staggering. Any doubt just count how many TSA it takes to run one single line next time you are at the airport. Pork at it's finest.

In an attempt to get the thread back on track...

Insurance is near and dear to pinnacle pilots and should be for all pilots. It isnt simply costs, it's how and when you pay costs. Think about what insurance is- it's supposed to be for the "what if" in life. I don't know a single person that ever wants to have to use insurance beyond preventive care. When a life event or medical crisis happens a financial punch is a big hit. Monthly premiums are factored in every paycheck, but when something uplanned happens high costs at a time when you can't simply "pick up a trip" is a hard pill to swallow. There is enough stress when you are at the doctor and something is wrong with yourself or a loved one. Premiums can be swallowed and planned for, potential high costs cannot be forecasted. When you went to the doctor last, did you plan on that illness ahead of time? There is substantial "pillow factor" knowing you have insurance fora sickness, just as most of us have insurance to cover us financially if we can't work.

That's why there's a maximum out of pocket. 9Es medical has cheaper premiums, and I agree it is better than XJs, but your max out of pocket for a family is $3400. At XJ the max out of pocket is $2850 for a family. So in this one (and only one) area, XJs current plan is slightly better.

Latest resources

Back