9E, 9L, XJ JCBA Deadline Extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Se7en, could you clarify these two points you just made:

-Being able to go three days below min days off (a compromise)
-Keeping min day

I'm hoping this means that the company cannot force you to go below min days but that at the pilots discretion you could choose to. Is that correct?
-Being able to go three days below min days off (a compromise)
XJ has a min of 11 days off a month, but you can reduce yourself to 1 day below the min (ie. 10 days off) if you are picking up open time. At 9E (From what I was told) you can reduce yourself up to 1 day off in 7. The JCBA compromises these 2 sections and allows you to reduce yourself up to 3 days below min for the month.

-Keeping min day
XJ has a minimum of 4 hrs pay per day. So lets say you are only scheduled to fly (or DH) 1 leg worth 1:30, you would still get 4:00 for the day. If you show up you get that, even if your flight cancels. When we got this we were looking at some of the other regionals rigs, most of those look back at the average of the trip. Whereas ours is on a day by day basis. ie If you fly 6 hrs the first day and 2 hrs the second at Comair (I believe), you daily average is 4 hrs and you gain nothing. At XJ you would get 6 hrs for the first day and 4 hrs for the second and would gain 2 hrs of pay.

2 Seperate issues here. Post was written in XJ slang though.

9E Health Insurance, pilot contribution at %25

Would a 9E guy please chime in....Is this ALOT! worse than you have now....at Mesaba we are at 30% and it cost $360/month vs your $150/Month...plus 9's insurance is WAY better in terms of bennifits...

- XJ type post-amendable % raises
- 5 year duration

So if post-amendable % raises are contract 04 recapture does this mean in 2015 I'll still be getting paid what I should have been pain in 04? Not to mention add another six years with 9e Mgt tatics..

I'm failing to see what makes this an improvment from what we already have?

- 5 year duration

So if post-amendable % raises are contract 04 recapture does this mean in 2015 I'll still be getting paid what I should have been pain in 04? Not to mention add another six years with 9e Mgt tatics..

I think he means the 3% cola raise built into the restructuring agreement, not the snapbacks. There is less reason for mgmt. to stretch out negotiations if we are getting raises every year regardless.

- 5 year duration

copied from APC
Pilots only have 1 plan. It's the best of all the company plans and is $150/mo for family (married or with kids) or 3% up to $30/mo for single.

Am I reading this right...mesaba currently 30% 9e Currently 3% and we meet in the middle at %25 WTF!!!

9E Health Insurance, pilot contribution at %25

Would a 9E guy please chime in....Is this ALOT! worse than you have now....at Mesaba we are at 30% and it cost $360/month vs your $150/Month...plus 9's insurance is WAY better in terms of bennifits...

Does this help you? https://www.employeebenefitswebsite.com/pinnacle/bypass.php?tier=10

STOP for one moment on the insurance and get the facts please. That quote from APC was written by me.

At 9E current book:
Single pilot cost= 3% of EARNINGS up to a $30/mo cap.
Family (to include husband/wife or husband/wife + 5 kids-all the same)= $150/mo.

Copays of $10 physicians and $25 for ER.
Rx= $5generic/ $10 brand name

Max out of pocket costs are $1700 single/ $3400 family a year (I think those numbers are right).

25% of the plan cost would put premiums alone between 200-250 bucks, all other associated costs would go up as well. This (in current form) is the jewel for 9E pilots and is the #1 thing mgmt wants to change for obvious reasons.

STOP for one moment on the insurance and get the facts please. That quote from APC was written by me.

At 9E current book:
Single pilot cost= 3% of EARNINGS up to a $30/mo cap.
Family (to include husband/wife or husband/wife + 5 kids-all the same)= $150/mo.

Copays of $10 physicians and $25 for ER.
Rx= $5generic/ $10 brand name

Max out of pocket costs are $1700 single/ $3400 family a year (I think those numbers are right).

25% of the plan cost would put premiums alone between 200-250 bucks, all other associated costs would go up as well. This (in current form) is the jewel for 9E pilots and is the #1 thing mgmt wants to change for obvious reasons.

Im'm happy you responed then. Seems to me this is a non-negonatable item on the list. This is like scope...once the geni is out you'll never put it back in. I hope the JCN isn't going to give ground on this one!!!

What's this dual qual reserve thing. That scares me right away. It better have big time rules put in place as to what you can fly in one day

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back