• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E, 9L, XJ JCBA Deadline Extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJ has a 33% cap, 9e currently at 12% which is believed to be the best industry wide at the moment(just heard the union leadership presentation in recurrent yesterday). Going to 25%, which is apparently pretty much wrapped, is what is going to provide for all the other advancements in the TA. That is a considerable jump in cost for 9e pilots and an improvement for us at XJ...I sincerely hope that the other gains for the pinnacle side are worth it otherwise this thing is likely DOA.

Seems like a possible stalemate. Maybe another 5 years will help to work things out. But keep the ontime rate high to help Phil make that country club payment.

25% won't pass the 9E MEC. And dual qual... First I'm hearing about that.

we'll see, the healthcare is something the company is desperate to change so a lot of leverage is possible from that.

The dual-qual thing was talked about too, currently there is talk of some sort of voluntary/TDY type dual-qual reserve positions that involve more pay. That could be a good thing for some guys.

The union's point was that there are a number of ways at negotiating items rather than just yes/no. Surprisingly enough, I was a bit encouraged after the whole thing.

Higney????

I'll be the guy who asks a question to a question....

How can you approve something that would be a net LOSS with a NEW contract?

If pay goes up some, that's a gain. If healthcare goes up so much you have a decrease in take home pay, that's a problem.

If a 9E FO pays $30 a month for health care, and suddenly has to pay $250/month, pay rates will need to go up $3/hr just to bring things back to even. This would be a very hard sell.

I think more realistically the numbers are a single 9E FO now pays $15 a paycheck. Under this proposal he would pay approx. $55 a paycheck. A 9E FO on a family plan now pays $75.00 a paycheck. Under the proposal he would pay approx. $150 a paycheck.

XJ guys now pay $60 a paycheck for single and $180 a paycheck for family.

This increase is equal to about $1/hr in pay. Not that I condone any raise in 9Es medical, but let's use real numbers, not made up ones.

25% won't pass the 9E MEC.
It's foolish to vote down a contract for 1 item in 1 section, you MUST look at the contract as a whole.

By your logic, you would vote down a contract that paid $5.00 an hour for first year FOs, without looking at the 2000 hour a month guarantee.

**The numbers were exaggerated on purpose, to prove the the point**

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back