• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boomlrd

Getting by
Now that's unity!
Almost 98% in favor of Strike
Almost 95% pilot group voting
Only 9 clowns voted against!
Thank you Spirit MEC, great job! This pilot group should be commended for it's steadfast unity against this low brow management. Fellow ALPA members stand tall, this is a good day! Let's continue to fight the good fight! FLY YOUR CONTRACT!

A vote is one thing, actually striking an entire different matter.

CHEST THUMPING.. OHHH AHHHHH,
ask the many ALPA airlines how many will really strike.
it's been a long time since a strike. "let's live to fight another day"
"It is all the company can afford" " at least I have a job"
"we'll get them next time"

bla bla bla . you will never strike, Alpa knows it Management knows it. the whole world knows it. so go ahead and ppat your self on the backs. then Bend over.

CHEST THUMPING.. OHHH AHHHHH,
ask the many ALPA airlines how many will really strike.
it's been a long time since a strike. "let's live to fight another day"
"It is all the company can afford" " at least I have a job"
"we'll get them next time"

bla bla bla . you will never strike, Alpa knows it Management knows it. the whole world knows it. so go ahead and ppat your self on the backs. then Bend over.

Almost 10 years since a strike...it seems like it is about time.

...you will never strike... Maybe your not good with numbers...98% seems pretty good to me, so it seems to me that 9 clowns will not walk of the 368 that voted, who knows where the other 20 have been the last month.

I'm sorry your airline wussed out when it had an opportunity to strike last time.

what I am saying is that the percentage of the strike vote is NICE. it looks good and helps those in the rank and file feel good about moving Fwd with negotiations. BUT and a BIG BUT, Alpa National does not have the Balls to endorse an action, therefore
they will be ever so lightly nudged you in to settling before a strike can take place.
Alpa will use the Lines I have quoted above for the reasons.
Like I said CHEST THUMPING is all it is Management see right through it.
Sorry. I wish it was a real threat taken seriously , but it is not a real threat any more. History has shown that.

Last edited:
what I am saying is that the percentage of the strike vote is NICE. it looks good and helps those in the rank and file feel good about moving Fwd with negotiations. BUT and a BIG BUT, Alpa National does not have the Balls to endorse an action, therefore
they will be ever so lightly nudged you in to settling before a strike can take place.
Sorry. I wish it was a real threat taken seriously , but it is not a real threat any more. History has shown that.

I have to say that in my opinion you are wrong about the pilots at Spirit. The motivation is there to strike if needed, and I believe if it comes down to it, we will walk. Take a look at the vote results, can you name an airline that has had that high of a turnout as well as one strong voice? Look back at airlines that have had to actually strike in the past, the vote was never that strong. I can only guess you do not work here, because if you did you would see that at least the bottom half has become enraged and is ready to show management our resolve. I know a lot of captains feel the same way, but most of us are ready. Spirit is not a large airline, it will not take a lot of us to slow things down or shut it down. I hope it will not come to this, but trust me, management's complete disregard for us has gone on long enough and now it is time for them to show us the money.

First off:

Good job Spirit guys and gals. Awesome show of unity!

Secondly:
vtwo, your reasoning is flawed about ALPA not having the "Balls" to endorse an action. You probably don't realize what a badge of honor it is for ALPA officers to wear their strike pins. There are two groups: those with a strike pin and those without. Also, you cannot gain a senior level position within ALPA National without a strike pin. One thing that ALPA National does have is a team of lawyers and industry analysts that can help determine whether or not management is bargaining in good faith. If it is determined that they are not, ALPA National will not discourage a legal strike. It is in their best interest to gain as much for their members as possible.

Congrats to the Spirit folks for giving their negotiating team some much needed leverage.

Latest resources

Back