• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

90s diverted to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would we be scabs? We are NOT ALPA, and our company has some routes for us to fly. If we dont we GET fired!! Its not our problem at all ALPA let you guys down. Hey ALPA sucks big time, they USED to represent me, and never did anything for me. ALPA is not an airline pilot union, they are a MAJOR airline pilot union, and a business at that. Duane makes over half a mill a year. We bought ASA, ASA strikes we fly it, yea it sucks and all, but thats life. Talk to your reps...

Sure would be nice if this guy had the guts to put his name on the post.
Pathetic and an embarassment to his colleagues.
It's one thing to say you might face extreme pressure (fly or be fired) but to gloat over flying struck work is disgusting.

I guess you don't have a single union member in your family.

There's a lot of the word "me" in his post.
"ALPA never did anything for me"

ME ME ME.

Speaks volumes.

Now for my opinionated side. Stop giving the SkyWest pilots crap. I have yet to fly with or know any SkyWest pilots who do not fully support our new co-workers at ASA. I know of no one who will cross the picket line (I will be fired before scabbing). I know of no one who thinks staple is the only way to intergrate pilot lists. ASA pilots fear the non-union pilots of SkyWest due to ALPA Kool-Aid and fear tactics and your well deserved distrust of management. Just stop for a moment and think for yourself before trashing next time. The SkyWest pilots are not the enemy you want us to be.

I would direct you to your esteemed colleague Terrain, Terrain, who has said more than once, "Management gives me a route to fly, I will fly it. Have a problem with it, talk to your MEC rep." I realize he's the minority, and I realize we have our fair share of ass-hats here at ASA as well, but with stuff like that out there you must see why we're nervous.

As for staple, I've seen numerous Skywest pilots (or at least they claim to be) screaming for it on this board.

Last edited:
Inerestingly, a few months ago in transition class, we were told that all the 900's on order from DAL had ASA paintjobs and were going to be delivered to our friends in ATL. Funny how that worked out.

Sure would be nice if this guy had the guts to put his name on the post.
Pathetic and an embarassment to his colleagues.
It's one thing to say you might face extreme pressure (fly or be fired) but to gloat over flying struck work is disgusting.

I guess you don't have a single union member in your family.

There's a lot of the word "me" in his post.
"ALPA never did anything for me"

ME ME ME.

Speaks volumes.

Dave,

It's a generational issue. I see the same thing at ASA with a lot of young guys who think no further than "ME, ME, ME... what's best for ME? That's what I want!!!" There's absolutely no concept of solidarity anymore. Granted, my family always comes first, but I can support them very easily without flying struck work. Some of these young guys who have had every single thing they ever wanted handed to them since day one do not now, nor will they ever, understand the importance of not stabbing your co-workers in the back. Like it or not, as the "old guys" (I'm 32....not too much of an old-timer), this is the future we have to deal with. I think the days of my father, who managed to hold out through the entire Eastern strike and still knows he did the right thing, regardless of the hardship it incurred, are over. Knowing that, I am terrified of the future.

ps. And before any of you chime in with, "I worked very hard for blah blah blah.....", there's no way in the world you got into the right seat of my RJ at 23 years old without Mom and Dad shoving that silver spoon in your mouth at, oh about day 3 of your young life. Regardless of how you feel about your adulthood, your lack of maturity shows.

pps. Dave, thanks for being one of the voices of reason amongst your pilot group.

Last edited:
Inerestingly, a few months ago in transition class, we were told that all the 900's on order from DAL had ASA paintjobs and were going to be delivered to our friends in ATL. Funny how that worked out.

Let me guess. You're 22 years old, have a $100,000 dollar education that you didn't work a lick for, and you're mostly concerned with, "ME ME ME".

Sound familiar?

Dave,

It's a generational issue. I see the same thing at ASA with a lot of young guys who think no further than "ME, ME, ME... what's best for ME? That's what I want!!!" There's absolutely no concept of solidarity anymore. Granted, my family always comes first, but I can support them very easily without flying struck work. Some of these young guys who have had every single thing they ever wanted handed to them since day one do not now, nor will they ever, understand the importance of not stabbing your co-workers in the back. Like it or not, as the "old guys" (I'm 32....), this is the future we have to deal with. I think the days of my father, who managed to hold out through the entire Eastern strike and still knows he did the right thing, regardless of the hardship it incurred, are over. Knowing that, I am terrified of the future.

ps. And before any of you chime in with, "I worked very hard for blah blah blah.....", there's no way in the world you got into the right seat of my RJ at 23 years old without Mom and Dad shoving that silver spoon in your mouth at, oh about day 3 of your young life. Regardless of how you feel about your adulthood, your lack of maturity shows.

pps. Dave, thanks for being one of the voices of reason amongst your pilot group.

Must suck to be a "has been" at 32.... Oh wait im sorry. I resent that generalization, i will vote union as soon as i get my card.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back