• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

90s diverted to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a hard time believing that pilots purchase airplanes with their wages.

Trojan

Well, indirectly, that is what is taking place. Lots of Skywest folks getting very defensive here. Nothing against them personally, but the ALPA stance doesn't seem very far-fetched or kool-aidish (new word). But that is just my opinion. And making fun of someone for having a type which may indicate a failed interview, OR a previous job has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Just curious... George and John are the management team that cared about the pilots?

Exactly! I hardly think so.

The fact is that ASA had a very short lived "good relationship" with its pilot group when a fellow pilot was in a VP of Flt ops position. He was instrumental in many of the current LOA's that we have in our 1998 contract.

Unfortunatly, when Delta bout us the new management "team", did not like Dan W. and he did not like Drew Bedson and the good relationship with the pilot ended quickly when Drew found a reason to boot Dan out.

Dan changed many things for the better in the contract and the training department.

1) We went from a 1 hour call out to 2.
2) He got rid if PFT and put the agreement in place for those who did PFT to be reimbursed over time.
3) He negotiated with flight safety to build a facility next to ASA.

The list could go on just read the LOA's we have in the back of our contract and his name is on the majority from the managment side.

Now he's just a line pilot like the rest of us. Thats too bad.

Brian Lebrecque could use some advice from this guy.

Medeco

ASAP is not a safety committee!

The purpose of ASAP is, "to enhance aviation safety through the prevention of accidents and incidents." Whereas; the ALPA Safety Committee's purpose is, "to apply our professional experience and expertise to reduce risks in the air transportation industry."

ALPA gives the pilots a voice during the process. One example at ASA was with the smoke problems we were having. ALPA Safety got involved and informed all pilots at a time when the company was being, shall we say, less than helpful.

ASAP uses a pilot on the ERC, but not in the same capacity as with a safety committee. The ALPA Safety Committee works on behalf of all pilots to give us a voice in the design and implementation of new regulation or changes in airport/airspace.

Well, indirectly, that is what is taking place. Lots of Skywest folks getting very defensive here. Nothing against them personally, but the ALPA stance doesn't seem very far-fetched or kool-aidish (new word). But that is just my opinion. And making fun of someone for having a type which may indicate a failed interview, OR a previous job has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I feel in this case that management is engaging in "self-help" or bad-faith bargaining if in fact this is true. Now that it looks like we may be released the question is, Skywest pilots and employees, will you fly our struck work? I sincerely hope not.

Trojan

Just curious... George and John are the management team that cared about the pilots?

Been here over 20 years and have not seen one management team that cared for their employess at ASA, including G&J, Skippy, and now that clown BL!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Correct me if I'm wrong but struck work only matters if you are in a union. Otherwise you are just a guy doing work. You don't even make a scab list.

Correct me if I'm wrong but struck work only matters if you are in a union. Otherwise you are just a guy doing work. You don't even make a scab list.

I believe this to be the contrary. In the eyes of many it would still be considered to be a SCAB action. Look at GO JETS vs. Trans States. Go Jets is non union. Same thing with Mesa and Freedom.

You'll make the Scab List if you cross a picket line whether you're a union employee or not. If it's struck work, don't do it.

Latest resources

Back