Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
A friend of mine at Mesa said the average IOE time is now runing 80-100 hours. Sims have been extened from 10 to 15-20 to accomidate the new skill level of the new hires! I'd be really nervous if I was a capt there. Doesn't the FAA have any oversight to say thats too much hand holding?

yeah I got a friend on the inside. Doesn't every family have an "uncle jail bird joey"? haha

A friend of mine at Mesa said the average IOE time is now runing 80-100 hours. Sims have been extened from 10 to 15-20 to accomidate the new skill level of the new hires! I'd be really nervous if I was a capt there. Doesn't the FAA have any oversight to say thats too much hand holding?

Pilot754 here ya go.

At SkyWest, the max is 50 hours. Period. In other words, by 50 hours you've either got a successful line check or a termination letter.

I may have started this one. (Heh)

All I know is that a check airman said the average IOE time has gone up through the roof lately. When pressed for specifics, he told me that he personally had a student require 86 hours of IOE. He also said that many students are getting extra sim time, once unheard of at the MAG.

That was a few months ago. What the AVERAGE new hire gets is beyond me.

Latest resources

Back