• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

8 People in a CJ2?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another company based at the same FBO as we are looked into buying someones CJ3 position, and like someone said it was about $300,000 above book value. Thats a fee we don't want or need to pay, and anyway a CJ3 is a little above our budget.

The original plan was to get a 560 next year, but with the fuel prices going through the roof, we started looking for something that is a little more fuel efficient. One of our few requirements is to be able to carry 8 pax, and in the 550 we have now, we pulled out the galley next to the door and put an aft facing seat in its place.

Anyway, who knows what we are going to do, there might almost be a requirement for a second airplane next year, but alot hinges on how bad this hurricane season is. Thanks for all the input, maybe the boss will go off his rocker and have us get a G5 or something....lol

Edit: Where can I find some info about the Bravo on line, like fuel burns and so on?

Last edited:
The fuel burn in our CJ3 meets or exceeds that of our CJ2, not to mention it is faster. As for buying a slot, we paid a premium for our slots, but the price of the aircraft has increased since the original order was placed. We were able to purchase the airplane for less than if we bought if from Cessna today, and took delivery 2 years sooner. The market for CJs is good and will likely remain good for the unforseeable future. You should get all of not more of your money back when you resale it if maintenance is kept up.

Groundpounder,

If fuel price is a concern, and if you need 8 pax, then the King Air 350 could be an option, while waiting for an increase of the CJ3 used market.

A friend of mine had a very good deal for a Pro Line 21 KA200 with Raytheon recently. This could work with the 350.

Groundpounder said:
Edit: Where can I find some info about the Bravo on line, like fuel burns and so on?

Cessna has some performance data online in tne form of sales brochures and such, it is pretty accurate from what I remember (although optimized, meaning that all conditions are perfect)

Real life I saw about 170 GPH in 1+ hour flights, short hops a little more due to lower altitude etc. It is fastest in the FL 330 to 350 range(398 to 402 KTAS), fuel burn can be further reduced if you go to FL390 to 430, though you will be down to about 365 KTAS or so.

Maintenance was pretty clean for us, no major items, brake resevoir leak, GPWS issue(Install error, cessna tech did not load the correct software update to correct TCAS and FMS conflict issues, no problems after correct update) 1 Starter generator failed 50 hours shy of TBO for the part. A few minor things such as static wick loss, etc.

Other than that only had normal phase checks and tire replacement, normal wear and tear stuff over the three years I managed and flew it. Zero engine issues other than the S/G mentioned above.

Latest resources

Back