• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

787 (cough caugh gag cough) starts up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They ran those engines in Marana a few months ago. Very quiet.

Last edited:
I can not even conceive of an electric motor that could start a Trent 1000.

According to published specs, each engine is equipped with 2 250kVA starter generators.

500 kVA equates to about 536 horsepower and can start the engine in under 40 seconds using both or under 70 seconds using one starter.

That is a lot of electrons.

Yep- "Picking oil" Sure.....

I would like to know why they would use such oil of stainless steel and titanium parts.... There is not one single part in any modern jet engine that will rust.

Maybe they needed like 1500 gallons of "pickling oil" for the wammmmerflainker valve.

-Believe what you wish.

-I just hope Boeing can get it together with this plane-it looks great on paper, but they sure are striving to make it interesting.

Go back to picking your nose and serving fries dickweed! The regionals forum is on the other page!

According to published specs, each engine is equipped with 2 250kVA starter generators.

I'm too silly to look up the specs, because I think they'd say the same thing you did. I would still be lost.

What unit of measure is a kVA?

Thanks-

I'm too silly to look up the specs, because I think they'd say the same thing you did. I would still be lost.

What unit of measure is a kVA?

Thanks-

a VA is a "Volt Amp", similar to a watt but not exactly since we're talking about Alternating Current and inductive loads.

Roughly 500kVA is 500,000 Watts.

Yep- "Picking oil" Sure.....

I would like to know why they would use such oil of stainless steel and titanium parts.... There is not one single part in any modern jet engine that will rust.

Maybe they needed like 1500 gallons of "pickling oil" for the wammmmerflainker valve.

-Believe what you wish.

Ah, ignorance.

I suppose the licks of flames out of this old 737 is just a Boeing PR stunt? In a CAL hangar 15 years after delivery, 1 hour after a new FCU was installed? http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/4/5/8/0639854.jpg

And I suppose the smoke and flames pouring from this 737 with a new engine is another Boeing PR stunt, in the cold and dark of a Scandinavian winter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDc8o_h-dn0

Latest resources

Back