737 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RideTheWind said:
Posted the link above, I think its goofy buying a 73 type anymore unless you're military, getting on with southwest is like winning the powerball today.

civvy here... i won it.

nitrogen said:
I am being forced by the FAA to get a 737 Second in Command type rating.

Yes, you read this right. Second in command. And the FAA requires me to have it by next year. Anyone ever hear of this? I was doing fine without it. Never any problems. Suddenly I have to turn in my license and get redesignated. If I ride as a passenger shouln't I have a 27th in command type rating? I mean if the first 26 guys die I might need it.

And we wonder why the government is the crackerjack operation we have all come to enjoy. Unreal.

Why not get your company to pay for the full PIC type rating? I'm sure it can't be that much more money.

737 Type Rating

Chest Rockwell said:
So tell me what training SWA does not do because most everyone is hired with a type.
Anytime you have to buy a type rating to get a job it is B.S.

Last edited:
Jeeze, SWA is not PFT. Once you're at class, you don't pay for a damn thing. What they do is simply have a prerequisite for getting hired/coming to class. Same as requiring an ATP and X number of PIC turbine hours. It's just a requirement. It just happens that most people applying at SWA weren't 737 captains elsewhere and don't want to spend the time to become 737 captains elsewhere. So they buy a type to meet SWA's requirements. Not PFT. Just getting qualified for the job.

Let The PFT Debate Die!!!!!

Well put Dashtrash400.

y'all that don't have anything constructive to say and just want to spin this into a PFT debate I wish you'd grow up. Get over it...that subject has been beaten to death ad nauseum. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back