Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RideTheWind said:
Try googleing denver 737 type rating.

I have, it brings up that silly ATOP program and other things about people going to fly a 737 sim at the UAL TK. I've type multiple combinations of the above, it brings up all the same things.

Posted the link above, I think its goofy buying a 73 type anymore unless you're military, getting on with southwest is like winning the powerball today.

RideTheWind said:
Posted the link above, I think its goofy buying a 73 type anymore unless you're military, getting on with southwest is like winning the powerball today.

You are entitled to your opinion.

This is your typical buy yourself a job,it would be better if you would find a job that would pay for your training.

pilotman121 said:
This is your typical buy yourself a job,it would be better if you would find a job that would pay for your training.

He's not buying a job, he's going to try. In reality he will find out that the type will increase his chances of getting an interview from 1 percent to 10 percent.

Want to hear something absurd???

I am being forced by the FAA to get a 737 Second in Command type rating.

Yes, you read this right. Second in command. And the FAA requires me to have it by next year. Anyone ever hear of this? I was doing fine without it. Never any problems. Suddenly I have to turn in my license and get redesignated. If I ride as a passenger shouln't I have a 27th in command type rating? I mean if the first 26 guys die I might need it.

And we wonder why the government is the crackerjack operation we have all come to enjoy. Unreal.

Last edited:
nitrogen said:
And we wonder why the government is the crackerjack operation we have all come to enjoy. Unreal.
Your ire, in this case, is misplaced.

All the FAA is doing is coming in to line with the rest of the world. You can thank the ICAO, and probably the influence of the French, for this change.

My understanding is, btw, that you'd only need an SIC type rating if you fly internationally. If you stay with with in the U.S. it's not a requirement and won't become one.

Having said all that, what's the big deal about getting a type rating? Next time you go to recurrent they'll just include the SIC type rating requirements and put the rating on your license. Why cry about that?

Latest resources

Back