737 Type Rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Denver

Got mine in Denver at the United training center with a company called FLIGHT TRAINING INTERNATIONAL that contracts with United for their sims. Systems instructor was a United instructor and everyone was very fun to be around as well as professional. Contact Sheri Egan (303) 329-0999 if interested, she was very helpful.

Good luck,
Learguy

I was looking at either K&S or Higher Power, as they both are associated with SWA. Ended up picking K&S mostly because I can drive to Phoenix from San Diego, and the fee at K&S ($7750) includes hotel. So, basically I am saving on hotel, airfare, & rental car.

Of course the obvious benefit with Higher Power would be visiting the SWA training facility and meeting their HR folks.

I'm sure you can't go wrong either way. So far my experience with K&S has been very pleasant. I'm looking forward to my course there in a few months.

Good luck. :)

Training at K&S was superb. I highly recommend it. I didn't know what to expect before going, but I was thoroughly impressed. In fact, it was far more professional than other airline training I've gone thru.

Great personalized instruction, and VERY Southwest-oriented. Price was great, and considering that hotel and travel (except getting to their school initially) is included in the cost, they put us up at outstanding hotels.

HPA

I have to agree with all above comments concerning HPA, plus, I had a similar experience as Hooch above....

Started class on Sep 10, 2001..... Mark, Joe & the staff @ HPA were unreal during such a BAD situation. They offered to refund 100% of the course cost and let anyone who was unsure to walk with NO Objections..... there were NO takers on the offer, but it showed just what type of folks they are @ HPA. They care, and they show it in many ways!!

The training was good and the sim instructors were awesome!!

Good Luck!!!

Tred

Aero Service

Aero Service in MIA offered the lowest cost for a type that I found at the time. It was $6500.00, and they gave you a $500.00 "housing allowance". The instructors were nice, and everyone in my class passed on the first shot. Probably not the most organized training facility, but if your on a budget, you may want to check them out. Send me a PM if you want any more info.

Swimmer

Thanks

I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies. It looks like I have a couple of options to explore.

Does anyone have the contact info. for K & S in PHX, and Crew Pilot Training in HOU?

I will jump onboard giving my highest endorsement of HPA. Great people and great program. I got my rating there and was very pleased.

I have also heard very good things about K&S.

I did a lot of research in choosing where to get the 737 type, and those two schools were at the top of my list.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back