• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737-200's in LAS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually Joshua Control is the ATC agency which "owns" R-2508 in California. They are part of the Edwards/China Lake test complex. The Nellis ranges have a variety of controlling agencies, my favorite being "Dreamland."

I have flown with an Ex EG&G at SWA. Not real talkative about the past life with the exception of, "I worked there."

Makes me wonder what they talk about at the interview.

Q. What did you fly?
A. I can't tell you.
Q. Where did you go?
A. Wish I could tell you, but it was alot of fun.

A better question is,
how can you be " cleared to your destination" if
the destination does not exist?

And how do you file to a destination that does not exist?

I have a few friends flying for that operation. Nice to see that theie ex-employees still take their security clearance seriously.

Operation is all ex-military (mostly retired Lt Cols and Colonels), as far as I know. Easier to update an existing security clearance than starting from square one. From what I understand, if you don't know someone already there, your chances are slim. Contract falls under "Range Maintenance" for the Nellis AFB ranges. Main contractor is EEG, but flying operation is under a different name. When I applied, I called EEG's office in LAS and (after a very strange and circular conversation, where I finally proved to them I knew what I was talking about) they directed me to a company web site. On-line app. I was never called, despite knowing head of the operation and 3 other pilots. Turnover is very slow and not all that many pilots to begin with.

If hired, the company will send you to get the 737 type rating. I don't know the pay rates.

Good luck with this one.

Alex

Their call sign in Janet, they are military and they transport aliens to and from area 51 to Vegas cause those little green men love to gamble.

sfomarc said:
Their call sign in Janet, they are military and they transport aliens to and from area 51 to Vegas cause those little green men love to gamble.

They do??? I always thought they went for the Buffet's and to see Wayne Newton!

D@mn little green men, always changing their stories!

Just saw three of them yesterday at LAS. Landed 30 seconds after one another, looked spooky.

AAflyer

Inside sources say Wayne Newton is their leader.

Nope,

Wayne Newton lost the edge! Elvis Rules now!

:)

But how do Siegfried and Roy fit into this? Those guys have to be from another planet, since they never age.

Maybe they are the alien ambassadors to the feline army which the extraterrestrials will use to subdue the human race and rule the world...

I knew this site was useful for something. We've got it all figured out!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back