717 In Seattle!!!??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the Q1 conference call, from RA himself:

"Our fleet strategy is a good example of prudent capital deployment. In addition to 19 new 737-900s this year, which were cash flow positive day one, we?ll take delivery of 42 717s this year. These aircraft have at least 12 to 20 years of useful life and a cost substantially less than $10 million a copy without a dollar of upfront investments by Delta to bring them into the fleet. This approach to refleeting will drive margin expansion at a lower capital cost. This strategy has produced a 16.4% return on invested capital for Delta over the last 12 months."

Hey Xpoo, what's up with the E120 routes going bye bye at PDX, the PDX to LAX route being chopped for UAL, and losing the BFL to LAX flying? I'd bet they aren't seeing enough pilots to hire, and consolidating people for your incoming E175s. All of the Regionals will have those problems soon. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Company is not going to compete against itself just to fly an E-120. If Delta wants to pay us to fly those same routes with a bigger aircraft who am I to argue with them?

I know where the EMBs are going, you dont, and unfortunately for you I can't say anything about it until its official. But don't worry, there are new markets out there.

Last edited:
General,

This basically says the same thing I did, except that its in your favorite format:

Fresno Yosemite International Airport officials learned of SkyWest's decision from The Bee when a reporter contacted the airport for reaction to the news.

Kevin Meikle, the city's director of aviation, said he was surprised by the decision, but was confident another airline would make up those lost seats.

"We know that Las Vegas is our No. 1 destination," he said. "Who knows if this is a market that's really underperforming for them, or if United believes there's another area where they can better use those aircraft."

Copy. Paste. Repeat.

From the Q1 conference call, from RA himself:

"Our fleet strategy is a good example of prudent capital deployment. In addition to 19 new 737-900s this year, which were cash flow positive day one, we?ll take delivery of 42 717s this year. These aircraft have at least 12 to 20 years of useful life and a cost substantially less than $10 million a copy without a dollar of upfront investments by Delta to bring them into the fleet. This approach to refleeting will drive margin expansion at a lower capital cost. This strategy has produced a 16.4% return on invested capital for Delta over the last 12 months."

Hey Xpoo, what's up with the E120 routes going bye bye at PDX, the PDX to LAX route being chopped for UAL, and losing the BFL to LAX flying? I'd bet they aren't seeing enough pilots to hire, and consolidating people for your incoming E175s. All of the Regionals will have those problems soon. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genital, there is a nice little thread on the majors forum about Delta contract talk. Noticed you have not joined into that discussion, but would rather jabber with a dispatcher about EMB's being cut in some markets. Yet more proof you are not a Delta pilot. When you cannot cut and paste and quote others, you are dead in the water. When it comes to real nitty gritty discussion about real issues, nothing but crickets. Back to your 88 717's and 50 seaters going to the sand banter.

Genital, there is a nice little thread on the majors forum about Delta contract talk. Noticed you have not joined into that discussion, but would rather jabber with a dispatcher about EMB's being cut in some markets. Yet more proof you are not a Delta pilot. When you cannot cut and paste and quote others, you are dead in the water. When it comes to real nitty gritty discussion about real issues, nothing but crickets. Back to your 88 717's and 50 seaters going to the sand banter.

The Contract TA has already been approved (by ALPA), nothing can be added. The 717 issue is still ongoing, and really getting good. Did you read how much RA likes the 717 in his quote? He is looking for more.

Btw, did you see the mainline growth going on in SEA? Looks like nonstops to Maui, Cabo, and Puerta Vallarta are upcoming. Fannnnnntastic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The Contract TA has already been approved (by ALPA), nothing can be added. The 717 issue is still ongoing, and really getting good. Did you read how much RA likes the 717 in his quote? He is looking for more.

Btw, did you see the mainline growth going on in SEA? Looks like nonstops to Maui, Cabo, and Puerta Vallarta are upcoming. Fannnnnntastic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Who freaking cares? Oh wait, someone who flies a desk for Delta and probably has some sort of "look how many miles I have non-rev'd this year" contest with other numbskulls like yourself. Typical behavior with your type. Geek in real life, and uses forums like this to paint a life you wish you had.

Who freaking cares? Oh wait, someone who flies a desk for Delta and probably has some sort of "look how many miles I have non-rev'd this year" contest with other numbskulls like yourself. Typical behavior with your type. Geek in real life, and uses forums like this to paint a life you wish you had.

Ahahahaha! You continue to lose. Nice thread, that RA answered in his quote during the Q1 conference call. You never deal with the issues, instead trying to show who I might be on an anonymous board. Loooozer!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ahahahaha! You continue to lose. Nice thread, that RA answered in his quote during the Q1 conference call. You never deal with the issues, instead trying to show who I might be on an anonymous board. Loooozer!

Bye Bye---General Lee

So, how many non rev miles you chalked up this year so far?

The 717 had some performance issues getting out of mountain holes as I was told.
More about getting turned around single engine in timely manner with the DC 9 wing.

We never had a problem with older DC 9's in BZN....

Latest resources

Back