Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbenno

The Dude....
Has anyone ever had to take a 709 ride with the feds?

If so can you give me some insight on what it was like and what they were looking for exactly?

Thanks a million!!!

I got into a heavy downdraft in a C150 and I couldnt climb out of it.. as a result the a/c hit the ground 100ft short of the rwy

bigbenno said:
I got into a heavy downdraft in a C150 and I couldnt climb out of it.. as a result the a/c hit the ground 100ft short of the rwy

Heavy downdraft in a C150... what is that like 500fpm? :)

Why are they giving you a 709 ride, can you appeal it showing what the WX was doing? I thing if there was a downdraft they should be happy you are alive.

From what I understand, a 709 ride is basically like taking the practical test for your license and appropriate ratings over again. I would personally study a practical test preparation book (I think ASA makes some for every license) as well as the written test book for your license. It would be a good idea to hire an instructor to get you up to practical test standards on all of the manuevers required for your license, or at least practice the manuevers on your own to ensure you're up to practical test standards. I would think with this attack you should be covered for anything they could throw at you. Good luck!

The feds told me that this is standard procedure, and to expect about 1.5hour oral and about an hour flight

Good luck..

By the way... You don't need to post the same thing on every board here. It's a waste of space and the Mods will delete all but one of them.

Latest resources

Back