700/100 Can I go anywhere?

TreyBien

Total Time
Just wondering if at 700/110 I'm eligible to apply anywhere. I hear a lot of rumors, but doubt they're fact. The rumors are great and all, but does anyone know if there are any companies that really have lower minimums right now? thanks

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
ASA, Great Lakes, Piedmont, you could apply to Xpressjet but you really need at least 1000 and 200 for here now. Good luck

mamba20

Do what now?
Total Time
I might try Colgan, Pinnacle and Messaba and I hate to say it but MESA as well. Big Sky may also be hiring. Even if you dont meet the mins at some places send your stuff in anyway, at least show some interest and get a file started. Make sure you keep updating it. I know here at PSA they want 1000/100. It sounds like you only have a couple hundred more hours to go to get to the big 1000. If I were you I would fly as much as possible to hit that mark. Also once you get there you can start looking at some 135 stuff. I'm not sure exactly what 135 companies are looking for but its worth exploring. Good luck!

Last edited:

xcr600

Total Time
x
make sure you put "Mesaba" on the cover letter ;)

BenderGonzales

Total Time
xxxxxx
How about RamAir Cargo? FlightExpress? Maybe a little time in actual IFR learning to work the system, decision making, and even scaring yourself once or twice would make you a more valuable F/O when you do make the transition to the airline world.

Just my opinion.

Bluto

Total Time
>4000
BenderGonzales said:
How about RamAir Cargo? FlightExpress? Maybe a little time in actual IFR learning to work the system, decision making, and even scaring yourself once or twice would make you a more valuable F/O when you do make the transition to the airline world.
mamba20 said:
It sounds like you only have a couple hundred more hours to go to get to the big 1000...Also once you get there you can start looking at some 135 stuff. I'm not sure exactly what 135 companies are looking for but its worth exploring.
Guys you do know the IFR 135 requirements are 1200TT, right? With 700 you could probably do VFR 135, though few companies seem to hire for that anymore. Good luck.

BeechCowboy48

heatseekingmoisturemissle
Total Time
enough
go where

You could go alot of places but you should really consider if your ready to go or not. we have a bunch of new low time FOs and they all barely passed training and most of them are continuing to waterski behind the airplane. Be careful and know if you fail out of training it will follow you. Then again on the flipside this job really isn't that hard and maybe i'm a little bitter because I couldn't get a job till i had 1600 hours because a few years ago the industry was different. If you feel ready I jumpseat on Piedmont alot and the average new hire there seems to have 500 hours. I would stay at a flight school before i went to mesa though.

F16fixer

Total Time
What about Air Wis? I was looking at aviationinterveiws and I saw a couple of new gouges where the guys were hires with 800 and some change.

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Total Time
600/100 mins = ASA and XJET

However, that's not competitive.

Try Great Lakes, Commutair, Colgan. But still, you're not that competitive. Build more time.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
mamba20 said:
I might try Colgan, Pinnacle and Messaba
Pinnacle requires 1000/200. I doubt Mesaba will take you with less than that either.

K

kj6991

PCL_128Quote:
Pinnacle requires 1000/200. I doubt Mesaba will take you with less than that either.

Not true. Two buddies of mine just left for pinnacle class. Both had around 850/130. Both CFI's. Pinnacle's chief called our flight school asking for anybody with any kind of time. One started a few weeks ago, and one started yesterday.

U-I pilot

Relaxation....
Total Time
Pinnacle's chief called our flight school asking for anybody with any kind of time.
What flight school? Location?

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
U-I pilot said:
[thread hijack]

Sup dude, how's Meeeeeeeeeeeshigan treating you this summer? Flying your arse off, I hope. Shoot me a PM, i gots news

[/thread hijack]

K

kj6991

Originally Posted by U-I pilot

Oklahoma State

UGAflyer

Glory Glory to ol Georgia
Total Time
Asa???

What times are getting hired at ASA now? I have a buddy that didn't get on with around 2000 hours...around 800 jet..and a type rating that didn't get on. Was he over-qualified? Anyone know any numbers that are getting on?

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
Flechas said:
We want to know the news too man!!!
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

;)

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
BoilerUP said:
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

;)
Hahaha I was thinking about the same!! LOL!