Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kj6991 said:
PCL_128Quote:
Pinnacle requires 1000/200. I doubt Mesaba will take you with less than that either.

Not true. Two buddies of mine just left for pinnacle class. Both had around 850/130. Both CFI's. Pinnacle's chief called our flight school asking for anybody with any kind of time. One started a few weeks ago, and one started yesterday.

I can only tell you what our stated minimums are. To the best of my knowledge, we haven't hired anyone (outside of GIA) that didn't have those mins. If you're right, then it's something new.

PCL_128,

Both these guys were hired under mins. i think one guy may have had just over 800 hours. anyways that is all i know. i'm sure it doesn't happen often, but i personally knew both of these guys and they were well under with no GIA experience, strickly CFI's.

kj6991 said:
both of these guys and they were well under with no GIA experience, strickly CFI's.

Gosh! Those CFI's must have been really substandard compared to the incredible experience one attains at GIA!!

I had an interview with ASA last month. Didn't go so hot in the sim... hehe... I have 700 hours and 300 multi. There was a 21 year old guy with the same amout of time as me who got hired on. Hope that answers some questions.

TreyBien said:
Just wondering if at 700/110 I'm eligible to apply anywhere. I hear a lot of rumors, but doubt they're fact. The rumors are great and all, but does anyone know if there are any companies that really have lower minimums right now? thanks

Use the internet as resourses. Find out the phone number to the HR dept and call and bug them every week. Send in your resume every couple of days. Dont send it in once and be happy. aviationinterviews.com

Read the posts on who is offering jobs at Air Inc and fax them your resume daily. HR personel at regionals are usually inters and the full time personel are well working for a regional airline.

Use Colgan and Mesa to your advantage if they do not require a training contract. Get on with them for 6 months or so then jump to your desired regional. Get the 121 turbine time. 6-8 months at Mesa is probably better than instructing doing touch and go's.

I got a call from Scenic with 650 and 85 last week. I'd love to fly those Tw'otters in LV. Alas, I'd already accepted another offer.

A friend of mine was called by ASA...100 ME is the kicker. TT unimportant from what he says.

Mesa and colgan both have a 1 year agreement. Colgan's starts over when you upgrade as well. Not sure about Mesa...

~wheelsup

Is ASA a good company to work for? Not that beggers can be choosers:)

Just curious. I'm at 550 and 150 and would like to put a little more food on the table than the $300 every two weeks is producing.

Another hijack. I'm looking for advice and opinions on my "next move", like so many other fools on here. ~1600TT/0ME/~300 Part 135 cargo right now. In another few months I should upgrade to the twin. So, likely, this puts me around 2000TT/100-200ME/700 135 around maybe late summer early fall of this year. At the moment, I'm thinking NetJets is a good long term goal, but I don't want to go to a crappy regional and get stuck there. Horizon and ExpressJet (if there are no furloughs) I know are worth the ride, who else? Will my times be competitive at the good regionals?

Regards,
Boris.

Latest resources

Back