700/100 Can I go anywhere?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TreyBien

Just wondering if at 700/110 I'm eligible to apply anywhere. I hear a lot of rumors, but doubt they're fact. The rumors are great and all, but does anyone know if there are any companies that really have lower minimums right now? thanks

ASA, Great Lakes, Piedmont, you could apply to Xpressjet but you really need at least 1000 and 200 for here now. Good luck

I might try Colgan, Pinnacle and Messaba and I hate to say it but MESA as well. Big Sky may also be hiring. Even if you dont meet the mins at some places send your stuff in anyway, at least show some interest and get a file started. Make sure you keep updating it. I know here at PSA they want 1000/100. It sounds like you only have a couple hundred more hours to go to get to the big 1000. If I were you I would fly as much as possible to hit that mark. Also once you get there you can start looking at some 135 stuff. I'm not sure exactly what 135 companies are looking for but its worth exploring. Good luck!

Last edited:
How about RamAir Cargo? FlightExpress? Maybe a little time in actual IFR learning to work the system, decision making, and even scaring yourself once or twice would make you a more valuable F/O when you do make the transition to the airline world.

Just my opinion.

BenderGonzales said:
How about RamAir Cargo? FlightExpress? Maybe a little time in actual IFR learning to work the system, decision making, and even scaring yourself once or twice would make you a more valuable F/O when you do make the transition to the airline world.
mamba20 said:
It sounds like you only have a couple hundred more hours to go to get to the big 1000...Also once you get there you can start looking at some 135 stuff. I'm not sure exactly what 135 companies are looking for but its worth exploring.
Guys you do know the IFR 135 requirements are 1200TT, right? With 700 you could probably do VFR 135, though few companies seem to hire for that anymore. Good luck.

go where

You could go alot of places but you should really consider if your ready to go or not. we have a bunch of new low time FOs and they all barely passed training and most of them are continuing to waterski behind the airplane. Be careful and know if you fail out of training it will follow you. Then again on the flipside this job really isn't that hard and maybe i'm a little bitter because I couldn't get a job till i had 1600 hours because a few years ago the industry was different. If you feel ready I jumpseat on Piedmont alot and the average new hire there seems to have 500 hours. I would stay at a flight school before i went to mesa though.

What about Air Wis? I was looking at aviationinterveiws and I saw a couple of new gouges where the guys were hires with 800 and some change.

600/100 mins = ASA and XJET

However, that's not competitive.

Try Great Lakes, Commutair, Colgan. But still, you're not that competitive. Build more time.

Latest resources

Back