70-seat RJ's flying for CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anonymity is the name of the game at FI.com

You want to list your resume and personal info go for it.

And the reason you do not throw bombs is because you like CAL at is regional contract. Enjoy thinking you are getting paid to sit around as you sit reserve.

How many airport alert days did you spend in the crew room?

How many A days got converted to B? How many quick calls? How many day off in Europe did you get last year?

And why are you still sitting reserve after six years? Shouldn't you be a widebody captain by now?

Ok jackhole, I'll play. It's been 11 months since I got pushed back onto reserve after mgt transferred 350 EWR pilot positions to IAH as retribution against our LEC reps for the Magenta Line. In these 11 months back on reserve, I've had 0 airport standbys, 3 quick calls, 2 rolled days (one I was home at 0130, like an extra day off. The other was a rolled availability day in which I wasn't used, and I spent it at the pool working on my tan), and only 2 months of over 50 hours of flying. I spent a whole 6-day reserve block at the end of August at the pool and got a heck of a tan. Not one international "day off". I've never made so much money for doing so little work before. And all this, under a POS abortion of a contract, on the worst B-scale in the industry, to make the same $ I made flying 90 hours a month with 12 days off at the industry leading regional with work rules vastly superior to what we currently have at CAL. POS '02 sucks, but it is temporary. There is no way in he11 a contract like this could ever pass again with the current CAL group, and especially with the UAL group whose captains don't need FOs to explain to them what work rules are.

BTW, I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet, but CAL pilots are not giving up scope! The recently announced flying is a blatant violation of our contract and I for one don't plan on going down without a fight.

Holy crap, there's like 10 new posts here. I really need to learn to type faster!

I made 10 K last month and had more days off than I ever had at your little airline where you try to act like a real airline pilot up to the point where 80% of your passengers are still waiting for their purses and handbags to be handed to them in the jetway because they can't fit in the overhead "slot"....

Only $10k last month? I made $11.5k last month at my little regional.

That was fun!! IAHERJ....don't let them get you all worked up. Jeff (yes we are on a first name basis now) thinks that since it is one company now he is not violating the contract. Time will tell. Arn't there 70 seat RJ's flying out of ORD with CO code share numbers???? Have been for a while now. No difference, we just have to concentrate on our JCBA scope issues! Have a good day, thanks for the entertainment.

With all due respect; actually screw the respect....That piece of crap you fly is nothing like a DC-9. Do not even put the CRJ or ERJ in the same sentence as the DC-9 no matter what version we are talking about. The DC-9 was a mainline aircraft that was tough as sh%t. The "punks" are the backpack wearing, ipod sporting, gelled up hair dudes you most often find flying the RJ's. Some have moved on to mainline airlines and are slow to lose the "dude" look but that is what pisses off most mainline pilots. Sorry so many really great professional pilots flying at the regionals while they await mainline hiring have to be labeled as "punks" due to the actions of a growing minority of their peers.

Gelled up hair... Like the WWII guys? I guess they were allowed to... They had ladies painted on their planes... They HAD to look good!

Latest resources

Back