70-seat RJ's flying for CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Uncle Bunkle

Skywest and Republic will soon be flying 70-seat RJ's for CAL out of IAH and EWR, meanwhile the lazy pilots at CAL and UNITED continue to let punks take away their jobs.
Silly old pilots, can't see in front of their own noses.

Last edited:
Impossible. Genital Lee said United and Continental were taking back their flying so that must be what is happening.

Punks. ha... How so ? Mainline pilots would love to stop this insanity, However there is just no chance that will happen. Why do you get down on us RJ guys so much. Many of us make 6 figures, and fly the dc-9 version of the 80's. Why so much hate ? You act like we just decided to take your flying one day, blame the old timers not the young guys.

Punks. ha... How so ? Mainline pilots would love to stop this insanity, However there is just no chance that will happen. Why do you get down on us RJ guys so much. Many of us make 6 figures, and fly the dc-9 version of the 80's. Why so much hate ? You act like we just decided to take your flying one day, blame the old timers not the young guys.

With all due respect; actually screw the respect....That piece of crap you fly is nothing like a DC-9. Do not even put the CRJ or ERJ in the same sentence as the DC-9 no matter what version we are talking about. The DC-9 was a mainline aircraft that was tough as sh%t. The "punks" are the backpack wearing, ipod sporting, gelled up hair dudes you most often find flying the RJ's. Some have moved on to mainline airlines and are slow to lose the "dude" look but that is what pisses off most mainline pilots. Sorry so many really great professional pilots flying at the regionals while they await mainline hiring have to be labeled as "punks" due to the actions of a growing minority of their peers.

Some have moved on to mainline airlines and are slow to lose the "dude" look but that is what pisses off most mainline pilots. Sorry so many really great professional pilots flying at the regionals while they await mainline hiring have to be labeled as "punks" due to the actions of a growing minority of their peers.
I thought this thread was directed at the lazy mainline pilots at UAL/CAL. Now it's the rj pilots fault for the mainline laziness? Not really sure what you are trying to say. There are as many "punks" at the majors as the regionals, not that any of it is germane to 70 seat flying as management controls the flying.

I thought this thread was directed at the lazy mainline pilots at UAL/CAL. Now it's the rj pilots fault for the mainline laziness? Not really sure what you are trying to say. There are as many "punks" at the majors as the regionals, not that any of it is germane to 70 seat flying as management controls the flying.

Management will not be controlling as much of the flying as they think... But you are correct, this needs to be about the "lazy" mainline pilots...

Management will not be controlling as much of the flying as they think... But you are correct, this needs to be about the "lazy" mainline pilots...

Agreed about controlling flying in the future, however, they certainly have a pretty good control of it right now and know how to push/pull the right levers/buttons much like the Great Oz behind the green curtain (or was it red?)

Agreed about controlling flying in the future, however, they certainly have a pretty good control of it right now and know how to push/pull the right levers/buttons much like the Great Oz behind the green curtain (or was it red?)

You are correct! I really hope we can start the process of bringing in the "big" RJ flying. You'd think the RJ drivers would be happy but alas, some on here know they will never pass an interview for whatever hidden reason they most likely will never reveal on FI. The vocal minority that meet this criteria are going to stomp their feet at the idea of their shiny big jets(that are almost as big as a DC-9!!!!!not) leaving and having to be what they were made to be for the rest of their careers, true regional pilots.

Okay, I see that the KarmaPolice is viewing this thread and I am most likely now due for some really bad news due to a few of my harsh comments. I will log off and leave it to the rest of you for a while. No hard feelings.....

Latest resources

Back