• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"7" to "9" differences

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 900 feels alot heavier, through the yoke, than the 700. Out climbs the 700. You will feel the length when making turns while taxiing. Have fun, everything is in harmony on it. Bombardier got it right with this one. The diff training at SkyW is a one leg line check to make sure you don't taxi the mains into the grass. Easy going.

Who would have thought that in 2009, a regional aircraft would be big enough to worry about landing gear going into the grass.... By the way, I was under the impression that the 900 is slightly under performing than the 700 from someone who flies the 900. After all it's only about a 2K pounds of thrust difference between the 700/900.

The 900 feels alot heavier, through the yoke, than the 700. Out climbs the 700. You will feel the length when making turns while taxiing. Have fun, everything is in harmony on it. Bombardier got it right with this one. The diff training at SkyW is a one leg line check to make sure you don't taxi the mains into the grass. Easy going.

Still sucks to ride in the back of....

Who would have thought that in 2009, a regional aircraft would be big enough to worry about landing gear going into the grass.... By the way, I was under the impression that the 900 is slightly under performing than the 700 from someone who flies the 900. After all it's only about a 2K pounds of thrust difference between the 700/900.

That's if you have the piece of ******************** engines like Mesa.

It may only be 2K of thrust, but due to the fact that flying for Delta you are limited to 76 seats, it performs like there is much more than 2K lbs.

I can't believe this thread is called "7" to "9."

It may only be 2K of thrust, but due to the fact that flying for Delta you are limited to 76 seats, it performs like there is much more than 2K lbs.

I can't believe this thread is called "7" to "9."

Really...you can't....you are on F.I. and you really cant believe it?

The fuselage is longer, keep this in mind when making turns to make sure you don't run the mains into the dirt.

Does this mean I'll get to witness those "Heavy" turns as you hold short of the runways in ATL?
Here's to you Mr. CRJ Heavy Driver. :beer:

Last edited:
Does this mean I'll get to witness those "Heavy" turns as you hold short of the runways in ATL?
Here's to you Mr. CRJ Heavy Driver. :beer:

Yeah baby...

There are some "Real American Heroes" at Comair that make a huge production out of position and hold in the 700 & 900. You'd think they were rolling in a 747 the way they make the slow, very dramatic 90 degree arc from a standstill. I loved it when tower would say, "Any time Comair".

Enjoy flying the regional heavy, Acey. It does perform well with 76 seats.

No kidding! My favorite is when they do that "heavy turn" to line up perpendicular to the HOLD SHORT line for the runway. Some pilots just have more seniority than brains!

Latest resources

Back