• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50k entry level pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I said Einstein believed in a higher power, not that he was "religious." There is a huge difference.

Quotes:

"I'm not an atheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books."

"My religiosity consists of a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit that reveals itself in the little that we can comprehend about the knowable world."

and the kicker for you:

"There are people who say there is no God...But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views."
all from various sources, quoted in Einstein by Walter Isaacson

Just because he didn't believe in the Bible doen't mean that he wasn't "spiritual". Which is exactly the point.

BTW USA Jet starting pay on the DC-9 F/O off the stret in better than 75% of the majors, if in doubt check out airlinecentral.comm.
Sweet. Like I said I don't doubt it's a good job, I just disagree with it being considered "entry level."

What is entry level?

Sweet. Like I said I don't doubt it's a good job, I just disagree with it being considered "entry level."
What is entry level? is it Colgan?, Pinnacle? Banner Towing at Myrtle Beach?, Skydiving at Lurenburg/Maxton? Kalitta Charters I?, Ameristar?, IFL? AirNet? What is entry level? Are entry level jobs something you use to get to DAL, AAL, UAL, NJ,, Jet Blue Etc.? If that is it, what is a non-entry level job, what is a career job?

Last edited:
Again, I'd say "entry level" is something you can do without previous on the job experience, like a CFI, traffic watch, or if you build up to over 500TT on your own like I did, flying canyon tours might be considered "entry level" where they still might hire you without a previous flying job.

Maybe I'm creating a bigger "stink" over this than I should be, but it took me over 5 years with a Commerical Certificate to get a job that paid over $30K per year, my first three flying jobs wouldn't even break $12K per year each. So to say that you can make $33K "entry level" is a far stretch from what I've experienced.

USA jet might be a "stepping stone" to better things, but I'm sure you have to bring somewhat of a work history into the job.

You bring up Pinnacle, where they hire without previous on the job experience, I'd say they might have a case for bringing themselves down to "entry level." But then, back to the original point, they pay crap, and that's the entry level standard for this industry.

This is stil la great career, 100K is very doable after 10 years in this business. That is in the upper 15% of individual income in the US. Many would be envious of that pay.

This is stil la great career, 100K is very doable after 10 years in this business. That is in the upper 15% of individual income in the US. Many would be envious of that pay.

My career has been about as rapid-fire as they come, but I won't be close to 100k by the 10 year mark. And 100k isn't even that good.

Agreed, it will typically pay off down the road, but in this case, I'm thinking we're talking about the kid in school who is trying to decide on a career, and making less than $20k your first year is no where near what you need to make the payments on that student loan with the cost of training these days.

Bear in mind that they start collecting once you graduate from school, not when you make it into the majors.

wrong path

My career has been about as rapid-fire as they come, but I won't be close to 100k by the 10 year mark. And 100k isn't even that good.
took the wrong path you could be a 100K if you had made the right moves. 100K is a great income, and I know becasue I have never seen it.

took the wrong path you could be a 100K if you had made the right moves.
Not sure how it could be done any quicker. How 'bout you lay it out for us? What career path would lead from entry level pilot position to 100k in less than 10 years?
100K is a great income, and I know becasue I have never seen it.

Just because you've never seen it doesn't mean that it's a good income.

Latest resources

Back