• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50-seat jets -- End of an Era

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Worthless? I've been here for about a year, but have flown at a previous airline and watched DL since 9-11, and DALPA has been able to keep most work rules, has the best pay for a once BK carrier, and didn't give up anymore scope since being forced to during BK. Yes, they initially opened the door to RJs, we all know that. But, there currently are limits, and that wasn't expanded during the joint DL/NWA contract. RJ numbers are coming down thanks to higher gas prices, and I don't personally hear anyone say they would vote to allow anymore. DALPA isn't perfect, but it isn't worthless. And why work at an airline where it is illegal to have a union? For the money or the chance to see Sudan? Then you deserve what you eventually get. Go read PPRUNE and get back to me. Are you going to eventually come home for good? USair is hiring.

Godspeed!

OYS

Never been to SUDAN, so I dont know what thats about? What is it that I am eventually going to get? To retire at 58? Awesome! The UNION thing? Does not bother me, I guess I dont feel like paying dues to a worthless Union, like DALPA! DALPA gave up scope in the 90's because of GREED, by the time BK came around, you boys had already bent over and more than once. I guess if you keep on telling yourself the same thing over and over, it eventually becomes reality for you! Have a nice day! uba757

Worthless? I've been here for about a year, but have flown at a previous airline and watched DL since 9-11, and DALPA has been able to keep most work rules, has the best pay for a once BK carrier, and didn't give up anymore scope since being forced to during BK. Yes, they initially opened the door to RJs, we all know that. But, there currently are limits, and that wasn't expanded during the joint DL/NWA contract. RJ numbers are coming down thanks to higher gas prices, and I don't personally hear anyone say they would vote to allow anymore. DALPA isn't perfect, but it isn't worthless. And why work at an airline where it is illegal to have a union? For the money or the chance to see Sudan? Then you deserve what you eventually get. Go read PPRUNE and get back to me. Are you going to eventually come home for good? USair is hiring.

Godspeed!

OYS

Yall were hiring 1 yr ago/

The "helping" hedges are gone, they made us bazillions of dollars. Now we are getting our arse handed to us by hedging too high. Hence the loss last Quarter.

I asked the cheese to post his last 10 years, quarter by quarter, of losses/gains.

Who cares what happened 10 years ago? The Lions were 0-16 a couple years ago and will probably make the playoffs this year. What is your point? I am more concerned with what is happening now and what is projected to happen in the future. Delta is a huge cash cow now and if you want to harp over the past 10 years of history to make yourself feel better than so be it. Look at Deltas projected profits for 2012, 2013 & 2014. They are huge !!

You can paint it, dress it, imagine it how ever you want but at the end of the day, it was DALPA that opened the flood gates to the RJ world. You can make all the excuses you want but the GREED at DALPA created this situation!!!!!!!!!!

Best post I've seen on FI in many, many years.

Payrates will go up, thanks to billions in profits in the last 2 years over here. (unlike you guys, that last quarter stung....) And, with management possibly eyeing more aquisitions, it gets better. I think we are aiming for at least your rates, and even if we get close, it will be better than flying your junky 737s to West Texas. BORING! I still think most of our planes will pay better than yours. We'll see, but the environment for us has been very profitable. You guys.....um....not so much.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genital,

A dose of reality for you.........DALPA won't be able to get you there. You heard it here first. Good luck and Godspeed!

Genital,

A dose of reality for you.........DALPA won't be able to get you there. You heard it here first. Good luck and Godspeed!

And you also think Herman Cain will beat Obama for President of the USA.....wait, you like the Palin/Perry ticket. You heard it here first! And btw, some of our planes already have your rates, so that means some more will beat them, and no flying to ELP on those either. Don't forget YOUR 717s don't pay as well as most of our planes. Don't forget, they're yours now.

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
Best post I've seen on FI in many, many years.

Get a room! It does beat all of your posts, though. I don't think DALPA was greedy, because we all deserve to make more money. I just think DALPA didn't think about the magnitude of the possible problems until it was too late. When they eventually figured it out, they did finally put limits, but too many were flying by then. High gas prices luckily are starting to take care of some of them right now.

Godspeed!

OYS

Latest resources

Back