• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50-seat jets -- End of an Era

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah right JennyLeigh! Cause they said so right? This proves you're not even an airline pilot! Maybe a wide body FA then? You said you fly the 76 right, but as a FA!

Keep eating those Vietnamese Egg Rolls with your friend Dahni over there in Da Nang...... Let's hope they dump your CR9s and get Beech 18s, and you stay there forever.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Payrates will go up, thanks to billions in profits in the last 2 years over here. (unlike you guys, that last quarter stung....) And, with management possibly eyeing more aquisitions, it gets better. I think we are aiming for at least your rates, and even if we get close, it will be better than flying your junky 737s to West Texas. BORING! I still think most of our planes will pay better than yours. We'll see, but the environment for us has been very profitable. You guys.....um....not so much.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Could you please post 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter results for the last 10 years? Thanks!! I bet this will be FANTASTIC!!!

Could you please post 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter results for the last 10 years? Thanks!! I bet this will be FANTASTIC!!!

How much did the fuel hedges help out the past 10 years? I love SWA and am not a hater but things have changed and history can be irrevelant. Hopefully both companies will continue to thrive and be successful for many decades to come.

And those hedges are done and gone corect? Welcome to reality. What is the question posed to GL?

The "helping" hedges are gone, they made us bazillions of dollars. Now we are getting our arse handed to us by hedging too high. Hence the loss last Quarter.

I asked the cheese to post his last 10 years, quarter by quarter, of losses/gains.

The guys that sold out also were allowed an early out in 96. 500 Senior Captains were allowed an early out with that. I came in after that (500 senior Captains leaving created a lot of hiring). Those guys that left allowed for a C-Scale (Delta Express 732s out of MCO), and allowed RJs, and then left early with full pensions.

Stay in the desert, it will eventually suck for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Man, this place could not get bad enough for me to wish I worked with people like you! You can paint it, dress it, imagine it how ever you want but at the end of the day, it was DALPA that opened the flood gates to the RJ world. You can make all the excuses you want but the GREED at DALPA created this situation!!!!!!! Lets hope that the boys and girls at UCAL or AA can at-least put up a fight before whimpering out like DALPA has done for the last 15 to 20 years!!!

Man, this place could not get bad enough for me to wish I worked with people like you! You can paint it, dress it, imagine it how ever you want but at the end of the day, it was DALPA that opened the flood gates to the RJ world. You can make all the excuses you want but the GREED at DALPA created this situation!!!!!!! Lets hope that the boys and girls at UCAL or AA can at-least put up a fight before whimpering out like DALPA has done for the last 15 to 20 years!!!

How's that union of yours at Emirates? Why don't you stand up for yourselves and get one? Scared? Hypocrite.

Godspeed!

OYS

How's that union of yours at Emirates? Why don't you stand up for yourselves and get one? Scared? Hypocrite.

Godspeed!

OYS

Pot meet kettle....

At least in his case, the union is illegal... not worthless.

Pot meet kettle....

At least in his case, the union is illegal... not worthless.

Worthless? I've been here for about a year, but have flown at a previous airline and watched DL since 9-11, and DALPA has been able to keep most work rules, has the best pay for a once BK carrier, and didn't give up anymore scope since being forced to during BK. Yes, they initially opened the door to RJs, we all know that. But, there currently are limits, and that wasn't expanded during the joint DL/NWA contract. RJ numbers are coming down thanks to higher gas prices, and I don't personally hear anyone say they would vote to allow anymore. DALPA isn't perfect, but it isn't worthless. And why work at an airline where it is illegal to have a union? For the money or the chance to see Sudan? Then you deserve what you eventually get. Go read PPRUNE and get back to me. Are you going to eventually come home for good? USair is hiring.

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back