50-seat jets -- End of an Era

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DANG!!!! Only, 324. Nice!!

I know...think of how many mainline narrow bodies that would be... at least 120... x 12 guys per plane, that's 1400+ pilots and 650 CA's or more on the mainline.

"Delta is moving away from small jets more aggressively than other airlines. It will eliminate 121 50-seat jets from October 2008 through the end of next year. That will leave it with 324."

DANG!!!! Only, 324. Nice!!

That used to be how many RJs Comair had, and now they will be down to 44 total next year. That is a good trend.

Godspeed!

OYS

I know...think of how many mainline narrow bodies that would be... at least 120... x 12 guys per plane, that's 1400+ pilots and 650 CA's or more on the mainline.

And think if you guys still had SWA 727s and those 737-200s! You could have had 12,000 pilots, and 200 FEs! That's dope! Pass the bong... you're an idiot.

Godspeed!

OYS

That used to be how many RJs Comair had, and now they will be down to 44 total next year. That is a good trend.

Godspeed!

OYS

You are full of $hit, COMAIR never had 300+ or 200+ CRJ's! At the peak it was somewhere around 180! You can pat yourself in the back all you want but at the end of the day, your pilot group was partly responsible for the outbreak of RJ's in the industry!

You are full of $hit, COMAIR never had 300+ or 200+ CRJ's! At the peak it was somewhere around 180! You can pat yourself in the back all you want but at the end of the day, your pilot group was partly responsible for the outbreak of RJ's in the industry!

I lean toward mostly.

Whatever! It's a great start. Maybe their total fleet with Brasilias got that high? I don't really care.

Godspeed!

OYS

SWA just announced three more Mexican cities... all main line. What are you talking about?

All via Airtran. But, the codeshare to Guadalajara from LAS and MDW still stands. You added MEX from SAT and SNA, and Cabo from SNA. Volaris still does the others for you. Congrats!

Godspeed!

OYS

I lean toward mostly.

Did DALPA order all of the RJs for everyone else? Sure they didn't. Speaking of doing something for the industry, your group defined the term "****************************** pilots" for your treatment of your new Airtran brothers during your SLI. Bravo!

Godspeed!

OYS

hidden in this article is that the 50 seat RJ is dying, and the 70+ seat RJ is coming to a theatre near you! So now we're going to be flying 737-200 sized "regional" jets for $40/hr instead of 50,000lb oversized corporate jets.

We get the 50+ seat jets at the new UAL or we're going on strike. Section 1 needs to come from the CAL contract!!

Latest resources

Back