• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

50-seat jets -- End of an Era

Mamma

Total Time
+1
Who cares what happened 10 years ago? The Lions were 0-16 a couple years ago and will probably make the playoffs this year. What is your point? I am more concerned with what is happening now and what is projected to happen in the future. Delta is a huge cash cow now and if you want to harp over the past 10 years of history to make yourself feel better than so be it. Look at Deltas projected profits for 2012, 2013 & 2014. They are huge !!

Question: You really running with Delta's profit projections in this economy?

On Your Six

Total Time
Question: You really running with Delta's profit projections in this economy?

DL has decreased capacity while adding bag fees, fuel surcharges, and fare hikes that have stuck because SWA lost those famous fuel hedges of years past. Bag fees last year equalled about $950 million. Answer: Yeah......

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:

On Your Six

Total Time
The neat-o part is that in 3 years the 717 Capts will make the same as your 747 Capts. FANTASTIC!!

If you keep posting losses, I doubt they will, or you either. In 3 years our pilots will be enjoying a lucrative new contract, making more per hour than you, and mostly avoiding ELP (except the MD88 guys). I won't be doing it, but you will!

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited: