• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

5 year Upgrades at Eagle (and dropping)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do the AE flow thru's w/o a number at AA get a class date at AA when hiring starts again? I've seen someone post this on another website but to my knowledge no one was sure

Yes. It is currently being negotiated as remanded by Arbitrator Nicolau. We have 824 slots that will have an opportunity at AA.

Where's that tool Pipejockey when you need him?

And why is it that you feel I'm a tool? Because you don't agree with some things that I have said? I don't believe I've ever called you a childish name. And why have I been called out in a lame as* Eagle thread?

So is this 5 year upgrade on the line flying as Captain and collecting Captain pay? Until you are taking home Captain pay, you ain't no Captain! No he's not you say? Then when is his fed ride? He doesn't have one scheduled yet? Well then he must have his type ride scheduled in the sim then! Oh, uh he doesn't even have that scheduled either? Ok, Ok, so when is his upgrade class date, surely he must have a training date set! WHAT??? He hasn't even been scheduled his freaking class date yet?

Folks, this talk of 5 year upgrades, is unfortunately, currently greatly exaggerated. You actually have to BE a captain to count as an upgraded Captain. and this 05' hire is many months away from actually holding captain! And where is all this movement going to come from when the 22 CRJ deliveries are complete by next June? And please don't tell me American and start babbling about some arbitrator and 824 numbers. AA still has nearly 2,000 pilots furloughed! Even with only 50% of those accepting recall, that leave nearly 1,000 pilots who still have to return to AA. Even at a recall rate of 50 a month, it will take another 18 months at best before any of the 824 go over. Not to mention talk of selling/divesting/spinning off of Eagle. And I'm sure the good ole APA still has some tricks up their sleeves for keeping as few Eagle pilots as possible from going over. I guess the APA would be happier with a bunch of Mesa/Republic/Colgan/ and the like being hired over there when the day comes. And if they think their squadron buddies are going to fill up the new hire classes, then they are high!

NEXT!!

Last edited:
Pipe jockey why all the hate towards Eagle? Are you generally this negative with everything in life? Is it hard for you to be happy about things that don't directly involve you? In rough times it is nice to hear about movement that is going on regardless of how or why. By late spring Eagle will have a 08/05 DOH captain. (yes the flow plan is out) That is great considering upgrades use to be 9-10 years. There will be 28/29 year olds sitting in the left seat which at Eagle is pretty darn good. Eagle will be losing another 35 captains in Jan to AA and another 40 or so in Feb and that will continue month by month until the rest of the 240 or so are sucked up. I don't know who you are or have ever seen a post by you, but you come off as someone who was wronged by eagle at one point in time.

NEXT!!

Pipe jockey why all the hate towards Eagle? Are you generally this negative with everything in life? Is it hard for you to be happy about things that don't directly involve you? In rough times it is nice to hear about movement that is going on regardless of how or why. By late spring Eagle will have a 08/05 DOH captain. (yes the flow plan is out) That is great considering upgrades use to be 9-10 years. There will be 28/29 year olds sitting in the left seat which at Eagle is pretty darn good. Eagle will be losing another 35 captains in Jan to AA and another 40 or so in Feb and that will continue month by month until the rest of the 240 or so are sucked up. I don't know who you are or have ever seen a post by you, but you come off as someone who was wronged by eagle at one point in time.

NEXT!!

Let me make clear that I hate ALL regional airlines. They do nothing but take advantage of every pilot that works for them. 90% of regional pilots should be major airline pilots! regionals were created to feed mainline from small outstations with turboprops. When small jets showed up, the pilots ended being regional pilots. Management has used the regional airline to destroy our profession. And some of you talk about these regionals like they are so awesome and a great career to have. You all deserve better than to rot at a regional airline for the rest of your career. There is no hiring boom on the horizon, maybe a strong spurt but that is it! There will never be enough Major jobs for all the regional pilots out there. Regionals do 53% of the flying these days.

I would just like to one day hear the regional pilots say they are mad as hell and arent going to take it anymore. Some kind of grass roots effort to cripple the regional industry until ALL are earning a livable wage. Not just 18 year regional captains. And if you are an 18 year regional captain, you obviously will be with a regional the rest of your life. Management has saved billions by having the regionals do most of the flying in the US these days, it's high time the regional pilots take some of that back to the tune of 60% of mainline pay rates! This aint spring break kids? These are real airline pilot jobs and should be paid at real airline pilot rates. You all are just too damn*ed happy about getting pis*ed on!

Let me make clear that I hate ALL regional airlines. They do nothing but take advantage of every pilot that works for them. 90% of regional pilots should be major airline pilots! regionals were created to feed mainline from small outstations with turboprops. When small jets showed up, the pilots ended being regional pilots. Management has used the regional airline to destroy our profession. And some of you talk about these regionals like they are so awesome and a great career to have. You all deserve better than to rot at a regional airline for the rest of your career. There is no hiring boom on the horizon, maybe a strong spurt but that is it! There will never be enough Major jobs for all the regional pilots out there. Regionals do 53% of the flying these days.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but didn't your profile used to show that, at some point, you drove a CRJ?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but didn't your profile used to show that, at some point, you drove a CRJ?

Of course! I'm not one of those pompous as* military guys that seem to be above demeaning themselves by having to fly an rj. But what is your point Boiler? We all have to fly rj's and I have absolutely no qualms with rj's its the regional airline entity that I despise!! They have been a disaster to our profession. Instead of flying these routes as a major airline pilot on a mainline pilots seniority list, these rj guys are shat on and how do they respond? By defending their pathetic little regional carriers, they give tacit approval to the status quo.

So I will say this once again, and hopefully people will understand me. I have nothing against rj's or the folks that fly them. I have EVERYTHING against the COMPANIES that operate them and the piece of sh*t management teams that want to turn our whole industry into a regional airline. It's time to end this non sense of the haves(major airline pilots) and the have nots (regional airline pilots). And it makes me sick to hear these little punks come to the defense of their puke scumbag regional airline. You all deserve better.

Latest resources

Back