• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

5 frontier airbuses going to mke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With 35 flights/day by Airtran and another 12 flights/day by Southwest starting in November, the Airbus will provide a better CASM platform to compete especially for the West Coast. As the new Southwest commercials say, "It's On".

If moving 5 Airbuses to MKE makes the Frontier brand more viable, what is wrong with that? If MKE YX passengers have access to larger aircraft flown by Frontier pilots, what is wrong with that? I know that no one likes to have to change bases, or to start commuting, but some F9 pilots may actually want to go to MKE for personal reasons.

This is going to start to get confusing for the customers. Republic bought Midwest and they have replaced Midwest airplanes with Republic airplanes painted like Midwest airplanes and now are replacing those with Frontier airplanes and they are replacing Frontier airplanes in DEN with Republic airplanes painted like Midwest airplanes. What was the point of buying known brands in both MKE and DEN only to put airplanes with another brand in the markets? Sooner or later they are going to have to pick one brand and stick with it if they want to have any kind of coordinated marketing plan and build/maintain brand loyalty.

I think that Republic is getting too big for it's britches, let's see if the operation can actually make money when all is said and done. Fee-for-departure arrangements where there is little risk of loss are one thing but standing on your own involves more variables such as buying your own fuel and finding your own customers. Remember that Midwest was losing money at an alarming rate and Frontier had to file Chapter 11 so they aren't exactly starting with great raw materials to build their new airline from. The key for Republic will be getting all of their system-wide employees to work for less than the competition..........this is one thing they seem to be very good at doing.

I would agree Fam62c, pretty much poor planning from the start...but no surprise there. However, at the end of the day, the folks in MKE still want to get from A to B and back, and on the cheap. The days of being brand-loyal for a hot meal on real plates, etc., is over, and has been for some time.

You'll get a few corp-types that ONLY FLY Midwest, but that's few and far between now. There is no more "home town" airline. It's gone and in a few months, the last couple of airframes that go with it.

It will pass. We've seen it before. We all went boo-hoo when Eastern went TU, same with PanAm, et. al. We'll get over it. I just can't believe there are any cheese-heads loosing sleep over this.

The key for Republic will be getting all of their system-wide employees to work for less than the competition..........this is one thing they seem to be very good at doing.
It won't do any good to show, yet again, that RAH isn't the lowest in *any* category, right?

I'd like to know how RAH thinks they can make money where 2 other airlines (YZ and F9) couldn't. If you get a flat tire, you don't replace the 3 remaining good ones with flats just so they match.

How much IMF money is Embraer going to throw at RAH before they see the light?

They should have seen this coming....

What's wrong with it is the 400 Midex pilots that were $hit canned to make it happen. That's whats wrong!!

400 MIDEX pilots should have said, "over my dead job" the day the RAH takeover of their flying commenced until they had an iron clad contract that specified their fate. Instead, the top 200 said nothing as the bottom 200 hit the streets, and only now that the rest is threatened is it a big deal. They effectively handed the company over to RAH, when they should have said here is the corpse.... Now according to other posts, even the senior FA's at MIDEX via their MEC are negotiating to save themselves while walking on the junior half of the list, and union leaders wonder why the young don't rush to join the flock.....
LUV

Remember that Midwest was losing money at an alarming rate and Frontier had to file Chapter 11 so they aren't exactly starting with great raw materials to build their new airline from. The key for Republic will be getting all of their system-wide employees to work for less than the competition..........this is one thing they seem to be very good at doing.

Well, when your labor rate (max) goes from $250/hr and $253/hr down to $156/hr, it adds up. From what I recall, Frontier only went Ch11 was because the credit card company started holding more $$ back.

This whole deal stick like a pigs farm.

Latest resources

Back