• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

5.75 yrs to hold MD-11 Captain at UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to understand the numbers here. You’re saying a 3rd year CA at UPS will jump from $160/hr. today, up to $250/hr. in 2009? I understand there is an int'l override but that's only around $10/hr. right? Are you telling me that you guys are getting an $80/hr. pay raise over three years?

Third yr. Captain pay in 2009 will be $198.95.

3 yr pay

Guys...

For a brand new hire who makes capt in Anc in 3 yrs, 3rd year pay (Jan '10) is not $250, its $215. You can put a lot of overrides on it but it still won't be $250. Better than $33?...yes, but let's keep it real here.

Aviator7576

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to understand the numbers here. You’re saying a 3rd year CA at UPS will jump from $160/hr. today, up to $250/hr. in 2009? I understand there is an int'l override but that's only around $10/hr. right? Are you telling me that you guys are getting an $80/hr. pay raise over three years?

I believe the original poster, the one who made the smug "Making 250 after 3 years sure beats blah blah blah" was not referring to the hourly rate of a UPS captain after 3 years. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), he was referring annual income, ie 250 K per year. (including international override and intl per diem)

However, I'd still debate that. At FedEX, year 15 captain pay is 225 per hour. Now yes, those guys do make over 250 grand a year. But, at UPS, with year 3 captain pay at 161 per hour (and even raising it to 175/hr with the 3 % raises per year), I highly doubt that any of those guys will be making 250 per year, unless they are COMPLETELY whoring themselves out, working on every day off, selling back vacation, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

200 - base
10 - per diem/intl premium
10 - sick buy off
4 - trng days off
24 - B (part of one's total compensation ... though not income)
-----
$248k (just some rough numbers, but pretty close)

Now, if one were to really max out pay by picking up max opentime/JA, a 3 yr Capt could get quite close to $300k total compensation.

I'm simply talking total compensation ... the total amount thrown your way per year for your efforts at this company. You'all can argue the minutiae to your heart's content.

BBB

Latest resources

Back