And hiring numbers...

2/28 class - around 16
3/14 class - around 16
3/21 class - around 32
3/28 class - definite 48

It's a pleasure to finally be aboard.

PastMmo

???

Just curious...did all of the 32 that started class, or anyone with a future class date, get hired WITHOUT having their FDX sponsor schedule a "special meeting" with JL or an ACP???

I know last year it was pretty much a requirement but with so much hiring going on now I was wondering if guys were getting the call strictly based on their app profile, with a couple of LOR of course.

Congrats to all the new hires fortunate enough to be on property, we are glad to have you! I still count my blessing everyday that FDX called me first out of all my apps I had on file:)

Thanks, PT

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
Any idea of some of those 32 newhires are furloughed from another airline?

I am not sure if any in the class were furloughed, but I have a friend who is furloughed from a big 3 airline that has an upcoming interview with FEDEX.

Per my CP....

Furloughees from other majors (except USAir, those guys have always been ok)are a case by case basis. What they are looking for is what the furloughee did. Did they take on another flying job, like at a regional or corporate? Teach at a sim place? Stuff like that. They want people they have already moved on, not sat around for the last few years hoping for their recall, then all of a sudden want to go to FedEx.

FedEx1 said:
Per my CP....

Furloughees from other majors (except USAir, those guys have always been ok)are a case by case basis. What they are looking for is what the furloughee did. Did they take on another flying job, like at a regional or corporate? Teach at a sim place? Stuff like that. They want people they have already moved on, not sat around for the last few years hoping for their recall, then all of a sudden want to go to FedEx.

Yep, exactly what FEDEX 1 said. My friend has been flying for another airline, had an app in with FEDEX prior to 9/11 AND before being hired by a major airline, and has a sponsor with at least 3 other letter of recs from the inside.

When his sponsor went into his CP to recommend him the CP basically told him the same thing as FEDEX1 stated so his CP couldn't guarantee him he would get an interview even though he met the mins, but in the end he got the interview.

Latest resources

Back