Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
HA HA HA HA. You're considering dropping out of college for a potential job at a Regional Airline???? Seriosuly???????? HA HA HA HA. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stay in school. You're probably in your early 20's and uptight about missing a so called "hiring wave"?

If you seriously want into this profession, you'll get in and over your 35-40 year career will go through probably 5 different airlines, 3 or 4 furloughs and watch the erosion of pay, benefits and overall QOL. Why the rush? ;)

Ain't that the truth. It's not even funny, because it's sadly all true.

I'm sorry but Ill take crap pay as a regional f/o instead of going to an office building every day regardless of what pay may be

Every airline management's wet dream. Say this to Phil T, I bet he would have a mental orgasm.

Here's something to consider, and I can't believe no one has pointed this out yet. During the hiring surge, airlines were willing to accept less qualified pilots spend more time and money on training because they were desperate for pilots.

Now that they're not so desperate, you're going to have to be twice as smart and work twice as hard as your buddies who got hired last fall. Not saying that you can't do it, but if you do pass an interview, be prepared to work your butt off because if you wash out of training, you're far worse off than if you just built up your experience with the lesser jobs (instructing, traffic watch, etc.)

It's an ugly situation, granted. You probably spent more than twice as much on your training as many of the folks on this board, and getting to a job that makes that pay off, well, understandably, you've got a lot of motivation.

Be patient. Good times will return, it might take a couple years, maybe even a few, you might be better off resuming your aviation career a little later when those times come.

I personally graduated in a time of recession. I couldn't get a job instructing, because even the instructor jobs were being taken by furloughed airline pilots.

On the other hand, I got into the left seat of a turboprop at 500 hours below company mins when times were good. It's all situational, hang in there.

Well I found a traffic watch job that flies around Chicago in an old 172 I'm sure that will be a load of fun but hey its hours.

Don't listin to anyone! FLY screw sckool I unly have ma GED end I am proove that U do not need collage.

Well I found a traffic watch job that flies around Chicago in an old 172 I'm sure that will be a load of fun but hey its hours.
I'm sure it's a longer route than mine was. I figure I circled the Stratosphere in Las Vegas over 2000 times. You do little things to make it interesting, like seeing if you can fly directly over the Luxor at night. My reporter got a kick out of that.

Nice How bright was it when you went right over it. The only good routes I would have in my opinion would be ones that take me near the skyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back