2nd time Jetblue has had this problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
I'm all for the "Buy American" thing, but a quick look at the parts content/point of assembly information on the window sticker of my wife's Honda Odyssey and my Honda Civic tells me that I have done the right thing by buying Japanese. Nothing (or at least not much) is just "Made in the USA" anymore

Maybe someone could tell me what the U.S. parts content percentage is on an Airbus A-320 ??? I'm betting there's a significant percentage of American parts and it's not out of the realm of possibility that this suspect nosewheel steering control unit is in fact American.

Food for thought...

BA is a register NYSE company that pays taxes in the USofA with headquaters in Chicago.

Food for thought

G4G5 said:
BA is a register NYSE company that pays taxes in the USofA with headquaters in Chicago.

Food for thought

Get your head out of your A@@...

Take a look at the 787 suppliers...

The 787 will be ASSEMBLED in the USA...

much like the multinational parts of the A320 are assembled in France.

And while you're at it...

Take a look at what you're buying these days.....

You talk a big talk....
But its all hot air.

CloudChaser said:
I head jetBlue did this intentionally for the PR. The marketing department was under funded so came up with this idea. They didn’t have to pay for their airplanes and now they get free advertising. How the hell is the rest of the industry suppose to compete!

File for Bankruptcy protection.............

8vATE said:
Get your head out of your A@@...

Take a look at the 787 suppliers...

The 787 will be ASSEMBLED in the USA...

much like the multinational parts of the A320 are assembled in France.

And while you're at it...

Take a look at what you're buying these days.....

You talk a big talk....
But its all hot air.

Do you find it hard to drink the Kool Aid with your head so far up your As?

www.senatehall.com/getfile.php?file=paper156.pdf
Go to the bottom of page 3 - Company Overview

"Managment's original strategy was to follow previous low cost carrier's use of Boeing 737 planes (similar to Southwest and Easyjet)"

A little history lesson. When Neelman was looking to start Air Taxi (the first name of Jet Blue but the FAA said no because it would be too difficult to say, Taxi Air Taxi) He wanted to use the Boeing 737, just like he used at Morris and West Jet. The problem was in 1999 Boeing was coming off of huge orders from Easyjet, Ryan Air, Delta, American and Southwest.They did not have to sharpen their pencils to get a Jetblue deal. Airbus was losing market share big time and had little choice.

You Blue guys crack me up, this has NOTHING to do with the A320 being a superior aircraft (heck it wasn't even your mgt first choice). If the French hadn't been willing to drop their pants so far, you would now be singing the praieses of a 737.

My Nike's are built in China for 50c, where do you think the other $100 goes, right into companies bottom line?

Once again, I don't care if it's a Toyota built in Kentucky, the bottom line is the profit leaves the US!!!!! You can get the parts for a 787 from the Moon, it doesn't matter because the aircraft if built in the US and Boeing company gets the profits.

The hot air you are full has just left the room.

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
Once again, I don't care if it's a Toyota built in Kentucky, the bottom line is the profit leaves the US!!!!! You can get the parts for a 787 from the Moon, it doesn't matter because the aircraft if built in the US and Boeing company gets the profits.

I was taking your arguement from the standpoint of U.S. jobs loss, in my opinion more important than where the profit goes. I'm just interested in keeping people employed at a livable wage. Which in this case it would seem that the Japanese auto companies seem to be doing a better job than the big 3... In Indiana for example, Toyota has 3 major manufacturing facilities and Suburu has one. TN has Nissan (Smyrna) and Kentucky has the big Toyota factory (Bowling Green)... Honda has a huge plant in Ohio. There are many more, these are just the ones I have personally seen.

Makes me wonder why these companies can build a car in the U.S. and the big three can't.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back