• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2nd interview at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed back in Feb. '05. Refs were called, but got the letter. Been keeping in touch with the PD and with my friends over there. Still haven't got the call. I know MANY who got the call as soon as their year was up after being turned down initially. Not too sure what it takes, but I'm still waiting! I better go check my messages! :)

skiandsurf said:
Why would you want to leave jB for SWA? Is it that bad over there?

It's not that bad. It's just not as good as it once was. Unless our pay rates/benefits change for the better, there'll be more folks looking for other opportunities in the near future.

Rumor has it several -190 CA's went back to UAL recently with more to follow.

IMHO, it should be an easy decision for folks on property less than 2 years to go to SWA/FEX/UPS/CAL(maybe), SWA especially if you paid for a type.

...sorry for the brief thread hijack. Good luck to all the repeat interviewees....

I applied 20 times at Aircal before an interview over 4 years. I think they want people that really want to work for them. It is a great job and worth the wait. Good luck to all of you. Patience worked for me. Now happily retired from AA. With a lump sum!

Bobo135R said:
My 1st interview was 14 Dec. '04...got the letter Jan. '05. Called the People Dept. on 14 Dec '05 to get back on the list. Was called for second interview Jul. '06 and passed the 8 Aug DB. Keep trying!

Just curious how all that works. Do you have to call and request to be put on a list to be interviewed again, or do they just pluck your name off the computer list of applications?

Made some money in real estate, and spent some on the type in light of indy air's probable (later certain) demise. Quickly interviewed at SWA and turned down, thats how it goes. I have no regrets. Just like the co., and like the bases. Soooo, I'll keep trying for a few years to come.

PHX767 said:
Just curious how all that works. Do you have to call and request to be put on a list to be interviewed again, or do they just pluck your name off the computer list of applications?

There isn't a "process" except to update your resume beginning at the 1 year point, continue to network with your friends and wherever SWA visits throughout the year, i.e. open houses in DAL, AirInc conference (not too many), OBAP conference, WIA conference, when they do road shows at times with type schools such as Higher Power Aviation, etc. Commute on SWA over your own carrier & meet folks within the airline, network, network & continue to use the time to get to know "the Company". Calling around the 1 year point isn't a bad idea prefaced with a card/letter stating your interest at coming to work at SWA....there have been many good networking suggestions over the years but there isn't a magic forumlat to get your name to the head of list to get the 2nd call back but at that 1 year point, be very prepared to go at a moments notice.....kind of like sitting reserve, don't be scrambling to find your ID badge, brainbag & headset....since you've done it before, have your letters of recs letter, have logbook up to speed, make sure anything that may have caused you to not be selected the last time is corrected (that ax murder thing may be tough to remove though;) ) & did I say, "be prepared?"

Hope that helps...good luck & hang in there.

skiandsurf said:
I dont get it. If they didnt like you before, why would they like you next time around.

How many of you would marry a girl that you didnt like on the first date? I doubt it is anywhere near 50%.

Just another way the airlines waste money.

Ski,

That's a common thought held by many...understandably so....not all of us were fortunate enough to have the significant other in our lives be impressed with our first glancing blow....mine certainly wasn't....I'm glad I made a second pass & third to convince her of the error of her ways...after 27 years she is too (at least that is what she said recently)....we don't always click on that first attempt & there is no difference with interviewers....plus the aspect of nervousness, fluke things happening, & odd circumstances not to mention an interviewer who isn't objective, is having a bad day or didn't bring his/her "A" game (remember, these are humans with natural biases....not a perfect system but I think it is the best one going, but I'm biased)....it is normal that some/many good folks aren't picked the initial, 2nd or subsequent tries....how many tries is too many to make it worth the effort to come back? For some it is 1, others 4, others maybe more....that is an individual decision but one left to the individual & not SWA.....sometimes it isn't meant to be but a single turn down isn't in my view enough of a reason to say "never again." Just one person's view....thanks to those who have given SWA a subsequent look at them...they are many of our great hires in my view!

Farscape said:
Has anyone here recieved a 2nd interview after getting the thanks but no thanks try again in a year letter. I was fortunate enough to interview in June 2004 but like many got the dreaded letter. Just curious what kind of criteria they might be using for bringing back people in the 2nd time. I've pushed a little bit with phone calls and emails but I think that the PD at SWA is probably swamped with requests and I'm ready just to lay low and let it play out how it may.

I interviewed exactly 1 1/2 years ago. I've been updating my app online but wouldn't mind contacting the PD to let them know of my continued interest. Does anyone have the PD phone number? If you don't want to post it here please PM me. Thanks Guys

Latest resources

Back