Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

In case you missed it on the "Hold On Tight" thread:

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...-06/vistajet-moves-us-jet-aviation-and-wheels.

Interesting tie-in between VistaJet (big Euro charter operator using Globals), Jet Aviation and Wheels Up for new US-based flying. Sounds like good job opportunities for qualified pilots wanting to fly new Globals worldwide. Curious as to what the pay will be considering possible TEB base (not cheap) and Vistajet's poor pay in Europe... Netjets, VistaJet and Flexjet (likely) will be adding new Globals in the coming years.

Thoughts?

In case you missed it on the "Hold On Tight" thread:

Netjets, VistaJet and Flexjet (likely) will be adding new Globals in the coming years.

Thoughts?

yes One.... if FlexJet gets Globals, the FLOPS guys are NOT gonna be happy

Hear me now and believe me later: URL jets at Flexjet will not preempt them at Flight Options. Flexjet will be getting new URL jets (and possibly even ones not made by Bombardier), while Flight Options will be getting "previously enjoyed" ones. Things on this front will become clearer after an announcement at NBAA next month. Sorry--that's all I can say for now.

On another note, i will be calling in sick during superbowl week this year. Can you imagine the chaos that will ensue @TEB, no thanks. That is all.

Shall we start taking bets now on how long the delays @ TEB will be?

Put me down for days, not hours!

Maybe the one saving grace is the lack of space, theres no infield parking like at SDF for the derby. And you cant park planes on the twys without blocking access to rwys and ramps. Once the lim parking spaces are taken it will be drop and pickup and go only. Im still planning on taking vacation that week.

Hear me now and believe me later: URL jets at Flexjet will not preempt them at Flight Options. Flexjet will be getting new URL jets (and possibly even ones not made by Bombardier), while Flight Options will be getting "previously enjoyed" ones. Things on this front will become clearer after an announcement at NBAA next month. Sorry--that's all I can say for now.

AeroBoy,

I must say that you have successfully injected some "edge" to this board with your cryptic predictions and hints. Finally a reason to tune in more frequently... My prediction for the new non-Bombardier order for Flight Options: Embraer 500s to replace the Xs since Embraer is likely aching to do a deal for that new aircraft... Pure speculation.

I just hope that all of these big changes lead to more jobs or just preserves jobs. This VistaJet/Jet Aviation announcement is a good example - if 12 Globals are actually added that equates to something like 60+ new pilot jobs. Thank goodness the airlines will be hiring too over the next several years for anyone who gets displaced.

Last edited:
Put me down for days, not hours!

Maybe the one saving grace is the lack of space, theres no infield parking like at SDF for the derby. And you cant park planes on the twys without blocking access to rwys and ramps. Once the lim parking spaces are taken it will be drop and pickup and go only. Im still planning on taking vacation that week.

Not selecting your comment for any reason, it was at random...

TEB may not be that bad as so many a/c don't have to move for the owner to watch the Super Bowl. Yes it will be a mess, but all the NYC based a/c do not have to fly for the party.

Latest resources

Back