• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2300 signatures and counting!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for asking. The gutting of the USAirways contracts was due to bankruptcy, not ALPA.

I blame the USAirways pilots for the gutting of their contract, same with all the other majors. Not once did the pilot group have a contract imposed on them. You can't whine about pay cuts if you voted for the TA.

And in 15 years, how will the story get told in flight decks all over the country? " You see , these US Air guys were in bad trouble (for whatever reason) and were about to all be unemployed. America West comes along, a smaller but more fiscally healthy airline and sees an opportunity to get a bargain in growth. But, employee mergers almost NEVER work out and in the end America West was drug down to the bottom.

East guys- I can sure sympathize with ya. But where would you have been if someone had not come along and kept your ship afloat? My CEO (SKW) had stated pulbicly to us on several occasions that he would rather wait for a company to fail, then go go into the fire sale and get the peices at 10 cents on the dollar then deal with an employee merger. Of course he then goes and buys ASA to secure his Delta connection contracts.

I sure don't know the answer but I don't think decertifying your union is gonna help much.

Best of luck to all concerned but as the old saying goes "Stand together or fall seperately."

That's funny. Got to start a whole line of "Did you hear about the eastie who....(insert whine here)?" jokes. Then again, I wonder if all 5100 could be added to the annual Darwin's Award...or at least honorable mention.

What is with you?

Don't you fly for some dirt bag outfit called "Southern Air"? (Those 40 day trips / crap wages getting you depressed or something?)

Why do you insist on popping up on every forum taking cheap jabs at everybody?

Last edited:
FACTS are just that. Facts...

I'm pretty sure that Nicolau believed that you understood that when he told the East that D'OH wasn't going to fly.

Just curious.....what do you do when the EGPWS sez "Pull Up!!!?" Decertify Physics?

Latest resources

Back