• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2013 L-CAL System Bid Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The same recruiter laughed at my military service (that I was a Lieutenant)

That alone tells me you talked to a complete a$$ clown who has no business being a recruiter.

And that's with just 89 projected retirements, shows how low we've been staffed for years. xjhawk, agree with the above, your quals are fine, just keep getting internal recs.

What's the bids effective date?? Just wondering if its all the vacancies for the rest of the year or if there will be more.....

Well,
The reason that HR wants control of hiring is simple, they have a profile that they want to bring online. Pilots who are easily swayed into thinking a certain way are the preferred applicant. Being military trained, while an asset in life makes one the very applicant that they don't want, you see, you have principals and were chosen for your character and leadership principals by the service. The airlines will do anything to prevent a strike and/or labor strife and hiring their "kind of guy" will insure that goal, think stacking the deck. Fortunately this will only work for awhile. The worm is turning and for that I hope we as a group will capitalize on that, but as long as there are guys like HelloNewman on the list we will be struggling to maintain status quo.

This bid dies once SLI is complete. If you're in training prior to SLI completion, you will get that seat. If not, you're still in your current seat.

From 23 Jan notification:
Effective Date – first day of the February 2014 bid period unless superseded as a result of the Seniority List Integration by Vacancy/Displacement Bidding.

But wait! Read para 3 of Overview:
Following the completion of the (SLI), pilot staffing will transition from Training
Assignment Bids (TAB) to Vacancy and/or Displacement Bids. Those processes
are described in more detail in Section 8 of the new United Pilot Agreement
(UPA). There are provisions contained within this System Bid which have been
developed in conjunction with the Joint Implementation Team in order to allow
for that transition to occur in an orderly manner at the appropriate time. You are
highly encouraged to read this entire Pilot Bulletin I-13-024 in order to
familiarize yourself with those provisions before submitting your bids.

From I-13-024:
At the time of the
Seniority List Integration, pilots who have not been awarded a Training Assignment Bid
award resulting from this or previous System Bids will be considered to be in their
currently staffed position for purposes of bidding on future Vacancy and/or
Displacement bids.​
As an example, you are a IAH-777-FO today and are awarded on this
System Bid the position of IAH-737-CA. By mid July,
TAB’s should have been awarded

through October. Should SLI occur in mid July and you have not been awarded a TAB award,
then your position for subsequent Vacancy and/or Displacement Awards would be IAH-777-​
FO not IAH-737-CA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back