• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2000 hour wonders hired at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you one of those guys that want torepeal the civil rights act?

It is a shame that we have to have those laws- but you don't have the right to discriminate - sorry your view of freedom is that YOU are "free" to deny the "freedom" of others.

The rest of your post is just naive dilfer

I agree 100% (the most amount permitted a white male) and I am a strictly civilian puke. No damned way someone gets to log hour 2 in the .mil if they have dogcrap airmanship skillz.

"civilian puke"? you sound like the Woody Allen of pilots. Do you shine the shoes of the military pilots at work too?

Really? I think you'd have trouble defending that view with most conservatives, much less me.

Again- are you a conservative? Bc your post illustrates the major flaw of the conservative mindset-

You want to legislate things in a "perfect world"- you know, the one where kids will actually be abstinent, where drug users won't use, where everyone will be "responsible" and never be the wrong kind of greedy.

Liberals tend to legislate for the real world- the one we actually live in where mankind is flawed but with intelligent regulation ORDER can be had-

Every liberal wishes that there wasn't a need for Aff Action programs- that there is no discrimination- yet the evidence tells different story. Your own post illustrates your desire to have the freedom to discriminate without limit. This is simply not allowed in this country as determined by the constitution and the supreme court's interpretation of it. Now you and I can argue against brown v board of education or the Bollinger cases until we are blue in the face- but the bottom line is that discrimination still exists and laws to ensure fair employment are an asset to this country.

You'll just have to live with the fact that this country is NOT ALL white- and you might have to fly with a girl or a black guy sometimes.

God forbid.

Wrong. It's a racial and sexist preference pure and simple and state sponsored discrimination. That's reason 12,894 why I don't vote for democrats.

As Clinton once said- "if you want to live like a republican, you better vote democrat."

it is telling- you guys get so pissed at the little bit of sexism and racism that you "endure" - yet have no empathy for those who live with the real thing all their lives.

C'mon man- it's not fair, but you just got to pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

This isn't a chicken or egg scenario- AA was begun to fight real discrimination bc the good ole boys wouldn't do it voluntarily. - we're getting there- just not there yet-

Affirmative action simply perpetuates racism by:

1. Saying that women/minorities need "special" help because they can't do it on their own....This alone is an insult to those who earn it based on ability instead of skin color or sex...

2. It uses skin color and sex as a basis of choice, which is by it's definition "racism"....

Pick the best candidates regardless of skin color or sex...Don't give preference to people because of sex or skin color...

"civilian puke"? you sound like the Woody Allen of pilots. Do you shine the shoes of the military pilots at work too?

It's a common slang term that they are familiar with, Francis. Simma down nah.

What I do do is possess an appropriate mix of gratitude and respect for those who agree to potentially sacrifice their lives in the defense of our country. I also say politely, "thank your for YOUR service to OUR country" to any person who has made that decision. Not just fighter jocks, that I also don't sniff.

You sound like the Michael Moore of Pilots. I prefer being Woody-like, but I won't go so far as boning my adopted asian daughter.

The rest of your post is just naive dilfer

C'mon man, I thought the rest of my post was pretty good. Maybe a little oversimplified, but I thought that you would respond a little bit better than that. And dillfer has to L's.

And no, I don't want to repeal the civil rights act.

I left the mil and went straight to training at a regional on twin engined props. The training was weak. My captain sim partner kept crashing on V1 Cuts and it was me, the new FO, that demonstrated how to keep it headed down the centerline because the instructer just kept saying try it again instead of showing the technique. I went to a major and had great training, but after 9-11 and bankruptcy, it too was watered down to the minimum. I always thought for the most part the guys were great mil or civ, but the training was definitely better in the military because money is much less of an issue. That being said, some of my funnest and most challenging flying was at the regional. Good times in the upper midwest.

Grinder

"The fact that affirmative action is meant to ensure that a qualified person will not be denied an opportunity because of race, gender and other factors is generally ignored."

In other words, if the qualifications of two individuals are the same, then gender or race mustn't be used as a deciding factor, a premise that is eminently fair. Coversely, allowances shouldn't be made, that allows an individuals minority status to trump the need for qualifications.

The NBA, the NFL etc., etc., don't have quotas nor do we want them to, we want them to have the very best players. We also want the very best doctors, pilots,astronauts without having to use quotas.

Latest resources

Back