• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2000 hour wonders hired at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about we pass a law that bans giving preferential treatment based on gender or race. Oh wait.

There isn't a law that bans "preferential treatment", there's one that bans "discrimination"-- and you know that every affirmative action law on the books arises from those laws. If you don't like it, maybe you should talk to your father and ask why they were so blatantly discriminatory in their hiring practices.

One day we'll be able to do w/o AA laws- we just aren't there yet

There isn't a law that bans "preferential treatment", there's one that bans "discrimination"-- and you know that every affirmative action law on the books arises from those laws. If you don't like it, maybe you should talk to your father and ask why they were so blatantly discriminatory in their hiring practices.

We're so long past it, it's not even funny.. what planet are you living on??

And while we're on the subject of qualifications.. what about hight, weight and strength requirements being ruled as discriminatory by some liberal courts just because statistically they're not likely to play a role in safety? and because they were "arbitrarily" discriminating against women? (The UAL Case). What if we applied that logic to having one drink 7 hours before a flight? I'm sure statistically it's hardly going to affect safety, but would they dare?

Ever try to fly a DC10 or 727 with 2 engines out? strength and height are a major factor in the outcome.

He is dead so I'll just have to ask you. WTF are you talking about? I could care less about what happened twenty or thirty years ago. Discrimination today in the name of "equality" is still wrong.

The subject at hand is why would a company hire ANYONE, regardless of race or gender, that is underqualified for the position. Delta had literally thousands of resumes on hand to fill just a few hundred positions. Many, if not most, of those were high time civilian and military pilots. How then can you explain why they hired female pilots with less than 2K hours and no PIC time? The answer is they specifically sought out women to fill those positions. I.e. They discriminated against male pilots. Happy?

I.e. They discriminated against male pilots. Happy?

If I know the mindset of the liberal feminist activist, I assure you that s/he is..

If I know the mindset of the liberal feminist activist, I assure you that s/he is..

Yea, I know. Next will come the assertion that I am a male chauvinist and don't believe that women have a role in the workplace. blah, blah, blah....

Theftproof

...I pride myself on having a small/cheap watch even though it is counter-culture for a fighter pilot (now airline pilot). :beer:

Oh yeah? Well my watch is even cheaper than your Timex! A mugger took one look at it and gave me a couple of bucks. :p

I'm not trying to come off as superior but when you are comparing a guy coming up through regional training and saying more folks would rather fly with them then a 1500 hr Mil guy. I have to completely disagree. Look at the Colgan accident. Guys (and the gal) can sneak through the regional training into a 121 glass cockpit. You think the colgan capt would have made it through all the training that 1500 hr F16 guy made it through? You think he's the only one out there?

You do fail to see it cause you haven't been through the training. Like you I've instructed but as a T-38 IP. We had to non fighter qual quite a few regional airline pilot guard guys (many with 3000+ crj time) . They often just couldn't keep up with the jet. Let's face we all like this airline flying cause it is, 99% of the time, it's a very easy job and pays pretty well (oneday hopefully......), but when the proverbial you know what hits the fan, I would rather have that F16 guy up there. Sorry I know that offends you but from the original posters theory that most would want to be flown by a 3000 hr 121 guy vs a 1500hr F16 guy, I very much disagree....

I'm just saying....

I agree 100% (the most amount permitted a white male) and I am a strictly civilian puke. No damned way someone gets to log hour 2 in the .mil if they have dogcrap airmanship skillz.

Anyone notice that those who claim little to no distinction between civilian and military training/exprerience do so with zero military background?

Anyone notice that those who claim little to no distinction between civilian and military training/exprerience do so with zero military background?

But don't make the mistake that everyone with zero military time thinks that way. I know you guys work your tails off. AND get to play golf.
Lucky.

Latest resources

Back