• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

200% for ASA CR2 opentime....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ground school scoop.... CT says hiring/interviewing has filled Nov classes but will continue for a pool to cover more 70 seaters coming (30 unconfirmed), and a Mem and Cae base in the near future.

U actually heard tutt say that? Or is this the rumor that has been floating around?

Ahhh....rebrading into the cheapest airline out there....I love it!!!!! I think the great football legend and philosophical adviser T.O. said something to the effect of "Getcha popcorn ready" there's gonna be a show??

They are doing the 200% open time trying to get more trips picked up to give the reserve pilots a break. This makes it interesting that reserve pilots are the ones wanting to pick the 200% open time up.

Ground school scoop.... CT says hiring/interviewing has filled Nov classes but will continue for a pool to cover more 70 seaters coming (30 unconfirmed), and a Mem and Cae base in the near future.

Wait. So you are saying CT came into YOUR ground school and said that we may be getting more 70's but that its unconfirmed??? He also said that we will be opening up a CAE and MEM base but that it's not for sure?

I've been working here long enough to know that those guys will tell you that nothing is going on at all and there is no growth etc in the future in ground school, then a day later make a big announcment about growth etc.

I've heard those rumors floating around but I doubt CT or Scott came into ground school and said we may be getting more 70s. They never commit to statments like that. That being said, I hope your right.

new ALPA email stating that you CAN pick up any portion of a trip you want.

All trips will NOT be assigned to reserves until 2 days prior, rather than 3, in order to give more chance to pick it up in opentime.

Abernathy,

Your way of thinking will accomplish ZERO. Go ahead and run for election on that platform and see how many vote for you.

We did get something in return.

200% premium
premium paid on top of MMG if you are under 75hrs
pick up portions of a trip
all trips stay in opentime a day longer

Our Reps pressed the company to find a better solution for all, and you are still pissed.

A perfect example that no matter who is in office, you will ALWAYS have a group of people not happy.

Rules to live by:

1. Be careful what you wish for (more flying), you might just get it.

2. Flying is like good looking snizz. You never say no to good looking snizz, because you will never be offered that good looking snizz ever ever again.

3. Never pass up an upgrade, even if it means reserve. The PIC time is worth it.

4. Realize there is a reason pilots pilot and managers manage. A glimpse of an airline does not give one the big picture. We are trying to do more with less for a reason and it ain't like we are rolling in profits here.

5. Please consider what has happened to the outstation side of our airline, before whining about things. How many 20 year employees got the boot in the last three years?

6. Nice boobs want the motorboat.

All trips will NOT be assigned to reserves until 2 days prior, rather than 3, in order to give more chance to pick it up in opentime.

Abernathy,

Your way of thinking will accomplish ZERO. Go ahead and run for election on that platform and see how many vote for you.

200% premium

Our Reps pressed the company to find a better solution for all, and you are still pissed.

A perfect example that no matter who is in office, you will ALWAYS have a group of people not happy.

Medeco I wouldn't waste my time with Abernathy. He's a complete and utter moron when it comes to anything that requires reasoning or logical thought.

The 200% on all opentime pick ups and being able to pick up portions of trips will help out tremendously. The guys who want to fly will get paid up the wazoo, the guys who want the QOL will get to spend time at home again, and the reserves will take much less of a beating.

This should of been done a longtime ago but I give an A+ on the outcome

Abernathy,

200% premium

I do not think premium is paid on top of MMG unless you are jr manned or extended. Voluntary pickups must get you to 75 before crediting more. At least that was how I read the email. Haven't confirmed with anyone.

Medeco I wouldn't waste my time with Abernathy. He's a complete and utter moron when it comes to anything that requires reasoning or logical thought.

The 200% on all opentime pick ups and being able to pick up portions of trips will help out tremendously. The guys who want to fly will get paid up the wazoo, the guys who want the QOL will get to spend time at home again, and the reserves will take much less of a beating.

This should of been done a longtime ago but I give an A+ on the outcome

OK 777forever. If you say so.

Abernathy,

200% premium

Medeco,

While I see your point, I don't think it applies to me. The company wants 200% premium pay in an LOA or something? Fine, ALL premium trips from here on out pays 200%, as should all JM and extensions. Allowing the company to do whatever they need to KEEP from properly staffing the airline provides longterm gains for them and short term gains for us coupled with a long term loss for us.

Having some BS agreement that says "premium trips and JM will pay 150% unless the company REALLY needs to cover trips due to their poor planning, during which time they can pay whatever the heck they want" to get guys to cover trips to allow this ship to sail on fumes is wasting real opportunity and bargaining power.

Unless you feel that running thin like this will get us A320s or something, in which case we should be having a completely different discussion.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back