• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

200% for ASA CR2 opentime....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ground school scoop.... CT says hiring/interviewing has filled Nov classes but will continue for a pool to cover more 70 seaters coming (30 unconfirmed), and a Mem and Cae base in the near future.

rumor on the XJT side is hiring on the 145 soon too

Medeco,

While I see your point, I don't think it applies to me. The company wants 200% premium pay in an LOA or something? Fine, ALL premium trips from here on out pays 200%, as should all JM and extensions. Allowing the company to do whatever they need to KEEP from properly staffing the airline provides longterm gains for them and short term gains for us coupled with a long term loss for us.

Having some BS agreement that says "premium trips and JM will pay 150% unless the company REALLY needs to cover trips due to their poor planning, during which time they can pay whatever the heck they want" to get guys to cover trips to allow this ship to sail on fumes is wasting real opportunity and bargaining power.

Unless you feel that running thin like this will get us A320s or something, in which case we should be having a completely different discussion.

If you are under guarantee, and pick up time, you get 1 hour pay for every hour flown on top of your MMG.

They are hiring now for the additional block hours that they have already picked up. In the world of contract flying, the chicken comes before the egg. We don't do the marketing or the business planning, we just do the staffing after another company tells us how high to jump.

Opportunity comes with a little pain. No pain, no gain. The double time pay was intended to entice those who want to fly for more money, to fly, so as to give less exposure to those who just want to fly their schedule. It should work to some degree. However, if a pilot does get Junior Manned or extended, the 200% should make it a little more palatable. This will only last through November, and maybe a week or so into December until new hires are on line. Relief is on the way, and then you can gripe about there being no open time.

As a result, there will be upgrades, people moving up, and people on Reserve getting off Reserve. SO, what do you prefer; that additional block hours go to another carrier while we watch? Take a survey, you will be in the minority.

Poor planning? They don't get to plan, in our world. The get to react to some other entity's planning. That is the reality. There are plenty of people who are unemployed that would gladly take our jobs. Personally, I am willing to take a little short term pain for the gain. The understaffing is being corrected.

Poor planning? They don't get to plan, in our world. The get to react to some other entity's planning. That is the reality. There are plenty of people who are unemployed that would gladly take our jobs. Personally, I am willing to take a little short term pain for the gain. The understaffing is being corrected.

I agree with almost all of your points, but MY problem with this whole goat rope is that I and others (in our lowly non-big-picture positions) saw this months ago. I wrote a letter to BH back in APRIL about what I perceived to be dangerous staffing levels. He said he would look into it.

Well, here it is October...... 7 MONTHS after we voiced our concern. The only reason it is being addressed is because after 5 months of reserves being abused, line holders are finally being abused. Weeks after that happens and NOW they're gonna take some action!!

Caught by surprise with new flying??

I agree with almost all of your points, but MY problem with this whole goat rope is that I and others (in our lowly non-big-picture positions) saw this months ago. I wrote a letter to BH back in APRIL about what I perceived to be dangerous staffing levels. He said he would look into it.

Well, here it is October...... 7 MONTHS after we voiced our concern. The only reason it is being addressed is because after 5 months of reserves being abused, line holders are finally being abused. Weeks after that happens and NOW they're gonna take some action!!

Caught by surprise with new flying??

So, in April, you knew the outcome of the Mesa lawsuit and how their flying would be redistributed? In April, you knew that Delta and United would both increase our block hours for the rest of the year? Please, pick me some numbers for the Super Ball Lottery. Just PM them to me so I want have to share the booty with everyone else on FI.

Yes, they were caught by surprise. I guess they should have listend back in April.

Now, a prediction from my crystal ball, you may be off Reserve by December!

I was thinking; wouldn't it be nice if they built all the wider roads and the super hiways before they built all the subdivisions? To my knowledge, that never happens. Infrastructure usually follows growth--unfortunately!

So, in April, you knew the outcome of the Mesa lawsuit and how their flying would be redistributed? In April, you knew that Delta and United would both increase our block hours for the rest of the year? Please, pick me some numbers for the Super Ball Lottery. Just PM them to me so I want have to share the booty with everyone else on FI.

Yes to all of that. Really you didn't think that Mesa was having problems? Really you didn't think that the economy was improving and we might have more flying? Really you didn't think that we were supposed to lose 6 200s from delta, but at the same time we STILL had those 2 CMR airplanes that we were only supposed to have until the end of LAST summer. Maybe all of us on reserve are as amazing as you say. But since we are all still here, I guess not.
So while we are all happy that you are willing to get extended a few times now and again to help out the team, you still have no idea what the reserves have done in the last 9 months. Oh and thank you for taking the trips that you now get paid more than a 747 CA at most places, while we on reserve just get to do with no choice.

Yes to all of that. Really you didn't think that Mesa was having problems? Really you didn't think that the economy was improving and we might have more flying? Really you didn't think that we were supposed to lose 6 200s from delta, but at the same time we STILL had those 2 CMR airplanes that we were only supposed to have until the end of LAST summer. Maybe all of us on reserve are as amazing as you say. But since we are all still here, I guess not.
So while we are all happy that you are willing to get extended a few times now and again to help out the team, you still have no idea what the reserves have done in the last 9 months. Oh and thank you for taking the trips that you now get paid more than a 747 CA at most places, while we on reserve just get to do with no choice.

We ALL know what the reserves have been through this year and quite frankly I am tired of hearing about it. Reserve will always suck. Period. Airlines will always need the flexibility that reserves provide them and they will NEVER give it up. Huff and puff all you want, but the pilot group doesn't care about reserves. No pilot group will ever strike for reserve issues.

reserves bitchin bout flying too much, too many days in a row, now bitchin cause they may get to sit at home, bitchin cause they cant get 200% pay cause they cant pu OT, geezzzzzz

reserves bitchin bout flying too much, too many days in a row, now bitchin cause they may get to sit at home, bitchin cause they cant get 200% pay cause they cant pu OT, geezzzzzz

Im not sure which reserve's are bitchin cause they cant pick up OT?

Missed that I suppose.

When is the last time you flew an entire month of reserve and had a credit worth 103hrs, days off moved, single day off followed by 6 on?

I dont recall if you are one or not. Seriously.

Anyone that has had a schedule like this on reserve, will tell you it's not the same as 103hrs flying as a line holder.

FOR ME, the tipping point is when you have 90% of the reserves with this kind of schedule, AND line pilots being extended or junior manned. They reached this point a while back and were still slow to move on it.

Anyway, we are on a positive trend now, and prior managements would still be giving us the finger.

Just a fact from a reserve guy. so far this month (including the last day of last month) I had 6 on, one off on wednesday, and now I am on day two of six on again.

6/1/6

I have done only one round trip in the last 8 days while I was TDYed to IAD

I have had ready reserve 5 times in the last 2 weeks.

Due to the TDY I am at 40+ hours of credit including the 4 day starting tomorrow.

So, I am happy with my credit... But I really haven't flown jack this month.

These are just facts, I will let ya'll argue if it means anything.

Latest resources

Back